I have some links on my very basic pages on a website that links back to the main menu page. this link is on every pages of the system and has always worked until one week ago all of a sudden one page the links started giving the error below. Once I get the error, if I refresh the page, then it goes to the appropriate page. I tried reloading the programs in case they got corrupted, even skinnied them down to just links and I still have the problem. Research claims is mod_security which I have not clue what that is. Does anyone have any suggestions? The code I use for the link (that works every where else as it used to work ont his page) and the error are below.
Thanks for any suggestions.
//<a href="dbmenu.php" class="textcontent">Main Menu</a>
//CSS for class used in the link:
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /_wfumcprihtml/dbmenu.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Hi @dpellett, thanks for posting.
Mod_security is a server based security setting. It's only triggered when the same client/visitor accesses the same site repeatedly and rapidly. It's used to prevent DDOS and brute force attacks.
Based on what you described, it doesn't seem to be the case here.
Does this only happen when you try to access that link/page? If so, it might be an underlying issue with that file. As a test, perhaps you can try replacing that page with a HTML file and see if the issue persists.
Been out of town for a few weeks and just getting back to this. Went back to the exact same function and it started working again with absolutely no changes!!!! I do not get it, but will just take it as a gremlin decided to leave thanks Gary for the response. My plan was to rebuild the page if it was still not working. The strange things is that link is on every page in the system and only stopped worked on 3 pages and then started working again. Sometimes computers and programming makes me want to retire sooner than later!
Hi @dpellett, thanks for following up.
I'm glad that everything is working normally for you now. If you run into any other issues with it, feel free to follow up and I'm sure a member of the community will be able to help you out with it.
i do have the same issue, i do use script for uploading images to my website and it's not working now!
it shows Error 406 and i guess Memory Error.
The problem is i didn't change anything in this script from the time i started using it, and in my Localhost it's working without any issues?
i contacted Godaddy and they said it's my fault 🙂 and i should check my codes again even if i didn't change anything on it which is strange " i Know it's Always our Fault not the Company's 🙂 "
i don't know what i should do i'm not able to update my website from 3 days, and trying to change everything and i'm getting the same error.
I use Drupal 7 on Linux cPanel Hosting.
So when I'm trying to add some info I got this error:
An AJAX HTTP error occurred.
HTTP Result Code: 406
Debugging information follows.
StatusText: Not Acceptable
I have tried to change in .htaccess
>max_input_vars = 6000
>suhosin.post.max_vars and suhosin.request.max_vars can't change.
I have turned them off but errors still uppers.
Need a help ASAP!
I have the same issue on laravel, when i want to submit URL as parameter to database, it return 406 error to me, if i remove the url in the input, it submit without any problem
I have had the same problem for the last month or so. It happens randomly even when there are no changes to the web page. I need a solution.