• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

502 Bad Gateway error when adding a new page to my blog

When I try to add a new page to my blog, I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway error.  All my other things are working, like Facebook, Google, Yahoo and my other blog, but my www.ujspaceainfo.com is not working.  I updated something on the site and it takes a very long time to Save it.  It did that yesterday, but eventually it did work. Today it's been almost an hour and it has not saved the page yet.  This is the error I'm getting: 

502 Bad Gateway

The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

My account is due to auto renew tomorrow.  I hope it to be fixed by then.

Thanks!

John Jackson

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Re: 502 Bad Gateway

Hello @fs!

Thank you for your post! I'm not aware of any server issues causing this error right now. I'd recommend reaching out to support on this.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    New
    Solution

I had a similar problem. After receiving the 502 bad gateway error message, I read through this feed. I cleared the cache, went back into WP and previewed the website without any problems. Then I'd make text edits and save, only to get the error again and again. 

After again clearing cache, I deleted the content (just plain old text) that I copied and pasted into the same page (so it was duplicate content), and was able to save successfully.

This leads me to believe that the duplicate content, in my case, was causing the 502 bad gateway error.

Recommendations: Always look back at what were the last step(s) or thing(s) you did prior to receiving an error and determine if something you did could be contributing to the error. After clearing cache, undo what was previously done and see if the error persists. Errors may be user initiated (unknowingly) or a software incapability, and not necessarily the fault of the host.

33 REPLIES 33
    Highlighted
    Community Team
    Community Team

Hi @johnwjr7, have you tried testing this from a different network to see if you get the same error when trying to create a page?  If you can duplicate this across networks, we'll want to have you call in to our live support teams and try to figure out what may be causing that to happen.  From what I can see the site itself is performing without any issues, so there may be either a local network connectivity problem, or perhaps a plugin is causing some type of resource conflict.  Either way, our support teams can shed more light on it once they can take a look at the full configuration of your site.  Thanks.  

MPC

Highlighted

I manage several wordpress site on several GoDaddy accounts. We have recently been experiencing this across 2 different websites. It happens when trying to save or publish pages usually or save theme options.

I have confirmed that the the 502 occurs across multiple, unconnected networks, and been test on 4 separate computers. This is a sporadic issue, but recurring as it has happened across several months, multiple times.

Highlighted

Hi Blackhorse, 

I am also having this exact issue. 

Did you find a solution at all?

Many thanks

Lindsey

Highlighted
    New

Re: 502 Bad Gateway error when adding a new page to my blog

I am having this problem for 3 days. Not really moving forward despite speaking with GoDaddy. It's happening cross-site and cross-network.

PLEASE FIX AS I CANNOT BUILD MY WEBSITE WITH THIS PROBLEM!

Highlighted
    New

HI,

https://www.dneresources.com/jobs-opening/direct-sales-representative/

https://www.dneresources.com

Customer ID = [removed]

PIN = [removed]

When I try to upload, I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway error.   I updated something on the site and it takes a very long time to Save it.  It did that yesterday, but eventually it did work. Today it's been almost an hour and it has not saved the page yet.  This is the error I'm getting: 

502 Bad Gateway

Thanks!

Sanwar

it@planetwebsolution.com

Highlighted

I am experienced the same problem from a week and can't update my blog or any post. I have talked to support team and they said that everything is fine at the server side. I even tried multiple browsers, remove cache, change internet connection but the problem still there. Now, I can't able to do anything with my website; can't add new post, page or update any existing one. 

Can you please solve this issue soon? Really appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted

Same issue here. This is very frustrating for me. I don't understand why GoDaddy can't resolve this issue!

Highlighted
    New

I'm also getting this constantly:

502 Bad Gateway

I can't work on the site.

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee
    Solution

Hello @fs!

Thank you for your post! I'm not aware of any server issues causing this error right now. I'd recommend reaching out to support on this.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Highlighted
    New

I've been fighting with this, not with a post upload, but file uploads.  Specifically .docx files over 2000kb.  All other file types I have no issues with size and upload speed.  This includes .pdf, .zip, .jpeg, .png.....

I have had multiple calls with Godaddy support over many hours.   Modified the .user.ini file multiple times and still can not resolve this issue.

.user.ini file

file_uploads = On
    client_max_body_size = 50M
    post_max_size = 50M
    upload_max_filesize =45M
    memory_limit = 256M
    max_execution_time = 180
    max_input_time = 180

I wish someone could resolve this issue because I'm all out of ideas.

Highlighted
    New

I set up the same conditions and pages on another provider and did not have an issue.

Highlighted
    New

What I finally found out was Godaddy blocks .docx and .doc files.  

So if your updating posts using .docx or .doc files on a shared hosted environment it will not work.

Highlighted

I'm getting same issue on different networks. Every Friday morning in the last few months I get this problem and I can't update with a new blog post. I have to try again later in the day. Seriously, GoDaddy?

Highlighted
    New

I was able to upload xls files but not docx. Converted them to pdf and uploaded with no problems. I dont know what is causing this but I was able to work around it. Hope this helps.

Highlighted

I had this problem previously, about 6 months ago, and it was diagnosed as a server-side error on GoDaddy's part. The problem seemed to be triggered by doing a lot of editing and previewing of a post, which the server decided indicated suspicious activity. If I literally slowed the pace at which I was working, the 502 errors stopped. The issue at that time was completely resolved by GoDaddy somewhat mysteriously to me, but it suddenly came roaring back in the past 24 hours and is driving me INSANE. I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway literally with every other edit or preview of a post. I've talked to GoDaddy three times today: the first tech cleared the cache, which worked for about 5 minutes; the second tech had me do a tracer test and decided the problem was with my ISP, which it is not, because it happens no matter what network I use; the third one ran diagnostics and said everything looked fine, and magically during the course of this test, it stopped giving me the 502 for about 6 hours. Aaaaaaand now it's back yet again. This needs a solution ASAP.

Highlighted
    New

Getting the same issue on my website. Considering moving to a different provider because the amount of issues I have had with Godaddy is stupid. 

PDF upload is working great, but DOCX gives the dreaded 502 error. 

Has anyone figured out the solution?

Highlighted

The Godaddy representative I spoke with last night said DOCX was blocked because of a Microsoft Office Vulnerability that was communicated a month or so ago.  

Has anyone found a work-around? Is hostgator or other hosting sites blocking DOCX?

It also amazes me that everyone at Godaddy has a different answer or are quick to say it's not us without researching. 

Highlighted

502 Bad Gateway The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

I have the same issue, I  keep getting the same error when uploading files, and need my website to be done as soon as possible. Godaddy ? you have to work on your servers and find an immediate solution for this issue because it seems that you don't really care about the customers feedbacks.

Highlighted
    New

i am face the same problem,when i want to edit my theme code same error occur please solve this issue..my site link is http://sheikhspearetweets.com/

Highlighted

You may need to clear your browser cache. It worked for me.

Highlighted

I have this same issue when editing my theme code also, please let me know if you find a solution!

Highlighted

@Kenyan-Blogger wrote:

You may need to clear your browser cache. It worked for me.

Worked for me to, for about 5 minutes.  I've been blaming my local internet provider for this problem, because Go Daddy 'suggested' it was them.  Now, I'm more convinced then ever it is a Go Daddy issue that needs to be resolved, and resolved NOW.

Highlighted

@Heather wrote:

Hello @fs!

Been there, done that.  It is worse now than ever.  Since this problem is occurring so much from so many places and servers, it must be a Go Daddy problem.  It's the only thing we all have in common. It needs to be fixed NOW.  This is totally unacceptable from a professional company that charges customers.

Highlighted
    New

502 Bad Gateway Error when uploading a resume with the Upload Resume Plugin

I get a 502 Bad Gateway Error when trying to submit a resume through the Upload Resume plugin.  It never happened before, it has only recently started.  I've tried deactivating all of my plugins, I've tried deleting unused plugins, deleting all of my uploaded files, clearing the cache, changing the theme, and submitting the resume from 3 different networks.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Re: 502 Bad Gateway Error when uploading a resume with the Upload Resume Plugin

According to LifeWire (https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gateway-error-explained-2622939) a 502 error "502 Service Temporarily Overloaded" or "502 Server Error: The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request" and more. 

Assuming you have already updated the "Upload Resume Plugin" you might try uploading your resume later, or you might try a different plugin and see if that works.

Highlighted
    New

Having the same problem, continuously !! 3-4 days per week, funny thing is when my hosting was up for renewal it suddenly vanished, few days later and its back !!!!  Doesn't seem to be much point paying for a hosting that u can't use !!

Highlighted
    New

Has this been solved yet? It's a big problem still...

Highlighted
    New

Running into this issue today. Once it started, I can't click into "Pages." I can click edit on a page but if I click "Update" it goes to 502. If I click "New page" I get 502. If I click "New post" I can get there, but if I click "Publish" I get a 502.

I've cleared my cache.

Today, before the 502 started, I was doing editing on some pages and posts. I did quite a few saves. If anyone knows what the number of saves per unit of time is, let us know!

NOTE: Although this thread says it is "solved" it clearly is unresolved. Mods, please edit this, thanks

Highlighted

Same issue here - same hours and hours of calls and messages with GoDaddy support.......

Same blaming the ISP/local network (its not).

I'm FURIOUS now.  Has anyone found a solution.  Mine is probably to leave GoDaddy.

Highlighted

Been having this problem in spades recently when trying to make a lot of changes to a single long WP page. I called tech support, and the rep explained that this was probably due to a security "feature" in the GoDaddy servers that checks for frequent requests from the same IP address (presumably to prevent things like spam bots, DoS attacks, etc. I guess). If it sees a large number of requests within a certain time period, it blocks future traffic from that IP for the next several minutes and you get a 502 error during that period. He didn't say what the threshold was for number of requests per unit time.

This would seem to explain what was happening to me. I was actually transferring and reformatting content from one long page to another long page, so I had 2 pages in edit mode at the same time. Then I was previewing the new page as I was updating it to make sure the formatting was correct. So between the autosaves, the manual updates, and the previews, I was probably sending enough requests to exceed the threshold and getting temporarily blocked.

I wonder if changing the WP autosave setting to a longer interval might help. I'm in the habit of manually updating frequently anyway. Does anyone know how to change this setting on a GoDaddy WP site? I've found instructions for doing this in a PHP file on other hosts, but not this one.

Highlighted

OK, this has really gotten ridiculous. I left my blog alone for 2 DAYS with no edits. Came back this morning, made about 5 updates spread out over the course of an hour. Ended up with a 502 error anyway.

Whatever the threshold is on GoDaddy's servers, it's ridiculous. I've decided to transfer my site to HostGator. I've been using their hosting on another blog and have no such problems.

What a shame...

Highlighted

Visitors getting Error 502/ nxdomain

My domain and hosting are with GoDaddy but I am using Cloudflare.  I have gotten reports from several different website visitors over the last few days that they get a Gateway Error 502 when trying to access my website floridavirtualbookkeeper.com.

I have not been able to duplicate this error despite trying on different devices.  Cloudflare logs shows several NXDOMAIN error codes but not always.

No DNS or hosting settings have been changed and the site had been working fine for months before this.  What could be the problem and how can I fix it if I can't reproduce it?

Highlighted
    New
    Solution

I had a similar problem. After receiving the 502 bad gateway error message, I read through this feed. I cleared the cache, went back into WP and previewed the website without any problems. Then I'd make text edits and save, only to get the error again and again. 

After again clearing cache, I deleted the content (just plain old text) that I copied and pasted into the same page (so it was duplicate content), and was able to save successfully.

This leads me to believe that the duplicate content, in my case, was causing the 502 bad gateway error.

Recommendations: Always look back at what were the last step(s) or thing(s) you did prior to receiving an error and determine if something you did could be contributing to the error. After clearing cache, undo what was previously done and see if the error persists. Errors may be user initiated (unknowingly) or a software incapability, and not necessarily the fault of the host.