• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Ability to edit website

Godaddy really needs to add a way to edit the website more. It lacks personal touch because you can no longer edit font or more photos around. You can't even add a text box if needed. Some parts of the gocentral website are builder may be easier to use but it's definitely not something I would have traded for the ability to edit the way I used to previously.
    8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ability to edit website

Hey @smstathatos,

Appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. I'll be sure our developers will review this and take it into consideration with their planned updates to come. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Agreed!  This is my first experience with GoCentral and I could not be more disappointed.  I previously used Wix and the GoCentral pales in comparison!  I can't add a text box, image (single wherever I want), fonts and texts size are extremely limited, and on and on.  I thought I was upgrading but I am so limited in site personalization, I've gone leaps and bounds backwards.  I tell everyone to use Wix and not to bother with this.  Worst business decision EVER.

I thought I was upgrading from Business Plus Website Builder to GoCentral Online Store. What a terrible decision. The templates are very limiting and the photo sizes are too small, I'm severely restricted on placement. When I called for tech help I was told that I need to get with the digital age; I didn't understand how people shop. This isn't my first rodeo, actually this is the third website I have built. I have run out of the Free Trial and paid for one year. I should have built the site in Dreamweaver and hosted it on GoDaddy. I'm very disappointed.

New

This is truly miserable excuse for web authoring program. I can s a rule figure out how to 1-Place picture 2-Insert text box 3-Change font and font color etc. But with this Go Central atrocity I could not figure these things out. Now I see why NONE OF THESE BASIC FEATURES EXIST IN THIS PROGRAM. !!!

Is Godday trying to get people so frustrated they opt for the more expensive Godady authoring packages? O It is inexplicable that GoDaddy would even release this non functional software. What is wics and how do I get it? I have to consider moving my webs off of Godaddy.

My level of frustration is through the roof! I am trying to create a site for a client. They need a Home page and 3 detail pages. How can I get rid of the "More" drop down and just show all of the page titles? I don't need a "More" and without it there is room for Home plus the three detail pages. Am I missing something? 

I have been using GoDaddy for several years now. The lack of editing control in this new "GoCentral" program is awful!

Helper II
    Helper II

@FRES01938 There should be room for 6-7 depending on the length of your page titles...   What are you titles?

Terrible access to edit MY website that I've paid for. NOT EASY to edit my page. Can't, you make a button that states "To Edit your webpage"????

So many have the same frustration...I'm thinking of taking my business elsewhere. I'm a busy person.

Wish I had seen all of these comments before I made my hesitant decision to purchase hosting through GoDaddy after I had already purchased my domain here.  Will admit, I think I got a pretty sweet deal locked in on the domain for 10 years, but the GoCentral website editor, for lack of a better descriptor, SUCKS.  There is virtually no room for personalization and this IS designed so that you come back and pay more for the WordPress service... which by the way, they charge more for here than if you went direct through WordPress for your hosting and Design needs.  You are far better off choosing to go elsewhere than opting for the GoCentral website builder... And all I wanted was a very simple website (more simple than even their templates).  At this point, I think I will be better off taking it down than risking someone see this poor representation of me.  As a matter of principle I am refusing to give GoDaddy any more of my money to fix this situation.