• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Action Button Not Allowing to Attach to Section on a Link (already created Page within GoCentral)

When attempting to attach the Action Button to a Link (already existing page I've created), the GoCentral Builder doesn't allow me to go further and attach the Action Button to a Section's part of the page selected. I have attempted this multiple times, in different browsers, cleared all cookies, used incognito mode and tried to add multiple different Sections on my already created Link (Page) to see if it GoCentral only allowed certain Sections to be used for an Action Button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES 10
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Action Button Not Allowing to Attach to Section on a Link (already created Page within GoCentral

Hi @Mindyz21

Thank you for your post. We have reviewed this concern and currently we have made our developers aware of this missing functionality. Currently, it seems it will only allow an anchor for the Home page sections but not other pages sections.  We hope to see this updated shortly. Thank you for your understanding. I will post again once this has been resolved by our developers. 

Kind Wishes!

-TechFly

HOW TO LINK A SECTION FROM ONE TO ANOTHER PAGE

Can anyone help me? I want to link the preview of my write up from the home page to a particular section of a page.

New

Re: Action Button Not Allowing to Attach to Section on a Link (already created Page within GoCentral

I have the same question and hope to see a fix very soon!

I have the same issue and would appreciate a fix very soon!

Helper V

Re: HOW TO LINK A SECTION FROM ONE TO ANOTHER PAGE

At this time, GoCentral does not allow you to link to a page (or section of a page) to a certain section elsewhere. You can only link it to another whole page. (Bummer, I know.) To link to a certain section, you would use anchor points to mark the spot and GoCentral doesn't allow anchor points. I really hope they add this feature soon!

However, you can do some other types of linking. For example, you have to be working in a section that allows links. You will see what looks like a chain link above the paragraph you are working on. You will highlight what you want to link and then click the "chain link" and type in where you are linking it to. To get the correct link to address, your site will probably need to be live. My understanding is once your site is live, you will be able to see the link you need to add. You go to the page you want to link to and look at the URL at the top and copy where you are at.

The other place you can link is if the section you are working in has a built-in link option at the bottom of input fields on the right hand side that says "Link". You will input where you want to link to (that whole page) but again, you will need to know the URL so usually you have to publish to identify what the final URL will be.

Hope that helps. I'm just muddling thru this like you.Smiley Happy

New

Yes, I would like to see this fixed too! 

This is critical to the user experience and simple programming, as section linking already exists on the same page.... looks like I'm going to consider another website editing program.

Helper II
    Helper II
    Solution

@chriswiss   @mariae

This CAN be accomplished...    Each section of a page actually has a unique web address...  Once you determine the section address of the page you want to go to, just enter it in the action button as an external url.

The issue is finding the url of the particular page/section you want...   You do this by temporarily creating an action button for a section within the page you want to go and then hover over it and copy link address...   That is the section address you are looking for...   delete the temp action button and copy/paste the link into the action button on the original page you want it.

I use this method all the time...

Cheers,

Pasayten

When I do that, the user is taken into another tab instead of being scrolled to the section I would like. Have you figured out a way to accomplish this without creating a new tab? Thanks!

I have not established a work around yet. I am still waiting on GoDaddy to create a solution.