• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Add Favicons on Website Builder 7 That Works For iPhone And Android?

I use Website Builder 7, and have added an favicon that shows up in web browser tabs, but doesn't appear when I save the page to my iPhone or Android home screen.  I have a related WordPress site that saves a favicon to an iPhone and Android home screen with no issue.

Is there a way to manually add a favicon.ico file to the site code that will work for mobile device page saves, or is there another available workaround?  Thank you.  

3 REPLIES 3
    Solution

Re: Favicon That Works For iPhone And Android

Hi @Tvccs,

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, our Website Builder 7 does not support favicons on the mobile version of the site. Sorry for the confusion. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Highlighted
    New

I see that this was asked over a year ago and our favicon still is not working - can you tell me when this will be fixed?

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@LMAY 

To my knowledge, active development of the Web Site Builder 7 product has ceased. So, in short, it won't be fixed. However, you can upgrade to the new GoCentral builder and it will have those features. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community