• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Add Shipping (Not US merchant)

I am using website builder online store. Is there anyway to add shipment option such as fedex, dhl or goshippo to my online store website?
    4 REPLIES 4
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Add Shipping (Not US merchant)

@snufflesrea

There are no integrated carrier calculated shipping options for those carriers -- at this time anyway.

What you could do would be to use the Flat Rate Per Order or Weight-based options and name it by carrier in the "What customers see when selecting this method" box and configure accordingly.   (FedEx Shipping, DHL Shipping, etc.)

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

@Muse wrote:

@snufflesrea

There are no integrated carrier calculated shipping options for those carriers -- at this time anyway.

What you could do would be to use the Flat Rate Per Order or Weight-based options and name it by carrier in the "What customers see when selecting this method" box and configure accordingly.   (FedEx Shipping, DHL Shipping, etc.)

HTH! Smiley Wink

@Muse I am having the same issue as above.  A shipment from Toronto to Buffalo, or Tampa, or Dallas or LA would be impossible to have as a flat rate since there are so many fee variables, then there are customs and broker fees that an integrated option could calculate on a case by case basis.

Canada (and other countries I assume) really need to have more integrated shipping options.  I would have thought Fedex would have been an easy one to have.

Matt

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

@frankenherder

I agree with you -- shipping formulas and carrier integration are key.  However, most web builders are very basic -- sorta the nature of the beast.  You are pretty much relegated to what the platform is setup to use.   You can keep track of GoCentral updates here.

Maybe someone from GoDaddy will pipe in with what, if any, plans they have for enhancing shipping options in the future.

WordPress with WooCommerce would give you that shipping flexibility and ability to create the shipping formulas you need and easily integrate the carriers you desire with pluginsSmiley Wink

Judith
    "I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @frankenherder@Muse & @snufflesrea,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.  Right now, we do support real time shipping rates from UPS and USPS in US market and Canada Shipping for Canadian market, besides providing flat rate or dimension (weight or size) based shipping rates.  Supporting more shipping carriers including FedEx, DHL etc. on our platform,  are on our priority list and we are looking at possible solutions.  Please stay tuned for updates on this, in coming weeks.

Curious to know if UPS or USPS could not be a substitute for FedEx? If so, please share details and will help us to prioritize the ask.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh,

Product Manager, GoCentral Online stores