• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Adding CAPTCHA box to my registration and contact forms in Website Builder

Hi All,

I used a CAPTCHA box in the previous version of Website Builder for all my forms (after receiving uncountable numbers of false registrations and offers of Nigerian gold or **bleep** enhancement). I cannot locate that feature in the current forms templates and it is not an option to be added (like address or phone number). 

Does anyone know how to add this? Is it even possible? I don't see any question on this topic when I search forum.

Do I need to stop using WSB and switch to something else? I use WP with a different hosting service for another website I manage. Easy to add a captcha "I am not a robot" box. 

Thank you, in advance for any help you can offer!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Adding CAPTCHA box to my registration and contact forms

Hi @TestyWebmistres, thanks for posting.

The current version of Website Builder does not support CAPTCHAs.

You may be able to use a third party, HTML based form. The would require familiarity with working with custom HTML.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

well that sucks

Highlighted

OK - anybody able to share names of a third party that can offer a CAPTCHA or something similar for my web builder website on Go Daddy?

Any update on when reCaptcha will be available for Latest Website Builder. I see it is in use to register for this community so cant be too difficult for the GoDaddy masterminds to implement

Independent Taproot® trained Lead Investigator & Lean change agent
    New

I am looking for an answer to this same issue and noticed no one has responded or offered a solution since September.  Why would godaddy have this on their forum but not offer if for those of us who are building our websites?

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Re: Adding CAPTCHA box to my registration and contact forms in Website Builder

Here’s a quick update to let you know that Google Recaptcha protection is now automatically included in GoCentral contact forms. To get the update, simply re-publish your site.

We opted to use "ReCaptcha invisible,” which means your site visitors won’t need to take any action to prove they’re humans — an algorithm does the work behind the scenes. You can read more about this technology here: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible.

The only viewable difference on your website will be a small line of text below the “submit” button on your contact form. This text links to the Recaptcha TOS/Privacy pages.