• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

Adding Code just before the end of the body on website builder

Hello.  Please help.  I have many sites hosted with another company... do like the look of the Go-daddy content better, but really miss the apps, and ability to add HTML code to the site.

I also am switching to go-daddy because the cost is a bit less for a regular site.  (no shopping cart)

The app I am missing the most is my live support app.  I can add it to my site with a simple bit of code since my monthly charge for this app covers any number of sites (YEAH!), BUT I have to add the code just before the end of the body. 

Yes - I see the ability to add HTML as a section, but it is not going into the right space, therefore not working.  I really need this to work or I have to bail.  Is there ANYWHERE I can see the code for the page and add it?  I rarely need to add or change code (I am 58 and love the simple easy to follow building of my site.)  I do miss all the apps that my other platforms has... although I had planned to move all my sites over to go-daddy, this is a game changer.  I must be able to add my script in the proper place... is there ANYWAY to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
    Helper II
    Helper II

Re: Adding Code just before the end of the body on website builder

Currently, the HTML section is the only way to add "code" to a go central website.   I have been able to do some pretty creative things with the existing HTML section option and custom code.   Do you have any additional info on what function of the code section is?   A link to the existing site.   Maybe I can suggest something that would help. 

Cheers,

pasayten

New

This is the code for my Live Supporti account.  It allows to me offer live support, more importantly allows me to see ones IP address and track where they are going.  The info stays on my app page until I close it. (Google analytics allows for live tracking, however does not keep the info - not provide the IP addresses.)  It also allows me to pay for one account and use it on as many accounts as I would like.  

This code needs to be JUST BEFORE the closing of the </body> tag.  I would need to put it on every page unlike other platforms where you can just "Install" it to your site. 

When I add it to the Go-daddy website builder - you can put an HTML area on your page (and I have tried many locations)  but it does not work. I imagine because it is not just before the close of the body tags.

I have removed my account number for privacy reasons and input - =my account number, instead of my actual account number, so obviously it will not work without it. 

<script type='text/javascript'>
    (function() {
    var s = document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';s.async=true;s.id='lsInitScript';
    s.src='https://livesupporti.com/Scripts/clientAsync.js?acc=my account number&skin=Classic';
    var scr=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];scr.parentNode.appendChild(s, scr);
    })();
    </script>

Thank you if you can find a solution that would be amazing.

Helper II
    Helper II

@AnitaN   I created my own livesupporti account and tested it in a few ways and could not get ot to work with the HTML section.  Probably due to the fact that HTML sections are put in a special iframe.

It looks like your support feature will not currently work in the Go Central web builder.   😞

New

😞  - Thank you for taking the time to try it. Hopefully they will give us more access to editing code soon.  I am a 58 year old woman with a high school education (tops)  and can handle some simple code, so a simple web building platform should allow some simple code modification.  Seems simple right?

Employee
    Employee

Hi @AnitaN

Thank you for using GoCentral and for taking the time to explain this issue to us. I'm sorry that we don't currently support this case, but I'll take your feedback to the product team and ask them to take it into consideration. Right now we are not considering allowing full access to the HTML, for a variety of reasons (including security) but they may be able to evolve the HTML feature to accommodate this case over time. 

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

Any progress on this issue? It looks like it's still a problem. I've got a similar usage case where I've got to add a bit of custom code at the end of the body tag, but I still don't see a way to do it.