cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Adding Pinterest verification using Website Builder

I want to confirm my website with Pinterest and they instruct me to do the following:

• This lets you see what people are saving from your site and adds your logo to Pins that come from your domain.
    • Copy and paste this tag to the <head> section of your website’s index.html file.

I see the section where I can add a link to my Pinterest site by adding a social media section but I'm guessing that doesn't achieve the same result?  Where would I find the <head> section they refer to so I can paste the tag?

I searched the forum and saw lots of references to a toolbar on the left side but I don't have that.  I'm using the Business edition of Website Builder.

30 REPLIES 30

Re: Adding Pinterest verification using Website Builder

Hi @jb2017, thanks for posting.

It sounds like you are using the newest version of Website Builder, GoCentral. GoCentral does not allow you to edit the HTML for the site or the <HEAD> section. It doesn't look like you'll be able to add that to your Website Builder site.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

So, basically, we can't confirm our website with pinterest and lose that option?  Makes no sense to me. I'm going to have to reevaluate.  Pinterest is a big part of my marketing.

New

It's been a few years since I used a GoDaddy site builder - seriously cannot believe we can't verify with Pinterest. I will seriously need to move this elsewhere - I'll keep the under construction page for now. Unreal and sad.

Is this still not an option to claim a GoDaddy Site with Pinterest?   

I know how to use the insert HTML code section on Go Central.  However, how do you add it to the <head> section of the index.html file in Go Central.   Or add the HTML into the rood directory ?

Is this still not supported by GoDaddy or is there a way to do it now with the HTML tool ?  

Per the Pinterest how to :

Option 1: add HTML tag: Paste this tag into the <head> section of your site’s index.html file

Option 2: upload an HTML file: Download this file and upload it to your website's root directory

Add HTML tag
    Paste this tag into the <head> section of your site’s index.html file
      Upload HTML file
    Download this file and upload it to your website's root directory
    Employee
    Employee

@jb2017 I am sorry but GoCentral does not support editing the <head> section of the website. I have passed on the request for Pinterest verification as a feature to the product team, but do not have an estimate of when it may be available at this time. 

I'm sorry we don't have this feature at this time. 

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

I hope you guys are able to fix this very soon. 

Thank you

@hgibson

That's really too bad that the HTML Pinterest verification feature is not available. I've gone too all the work, hrs spent, setting up a website on GoCentral and thinking that was a mistake!! Next to Google,Pinterest is the largest search engine platform and I think it's a complete oversight for Godaddy not to get on it!

M

My goodness, I wish I knew this before I decided to use GoDaddy, this changes everything. 

Just got to this as well -- Too bad we've all realizing how useless a GoDaddy website is after spending hours/days/weeks on our sites.

From the email collection scheme, to the online store - all useless 

I've told everyone I know what I learned the hard way. 

This is ridiculous. Please fix this so businesses can use Pinterest properly.

i need to add the pinterest button onto my site. pinterest is one of the most popular social media sites in the world. this makes no sense that godaddy can not support these links. please contact me as soon as this changes. i would like to ad this to my site ASAP. if things do not change, i will have no choice but to change sites.

I finally got this sorted by going to Pinterest. I told them their instructions were incomplete for the 2018 version of GoDaddy’s Website Builder and they magically verified my website. Try that ‘squeeky wheel’ approach to get your site verified - you’ll get nowhere with GoDaddy’s support. I called them to ask why email pop-up pages and Amazon affiliate links don’t work and was told ‘they just don’t support marketing in that way.’
    New

I'll try going directly to Pinterest too, but really this should be supported on the Go Central!!

I agree, this is at the very least frustrating and at the most a complete failure by goDaddy. I am disappointed with this oversight. 

I have the older version of Godaddy. Is there any way to add pinterest to the older version (I saw a response that it is not available to the newer godaddy) but I've had the older go daddy website for close to 10 years. Thanks

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @jb2017 

I'm sorry this is not available today. We understand how valuable Pinterest can be for you and many other businesses. We are looking at ways to support this need.  I don't have an immediate solution for you, but I will stay in touch.  - Christine, Product Manager 

Any updates on this option becoming available yet? 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Feliciasdesigns,

Please see @ChristineL response one post above yours. We currently don't have a solution in place and are looking at options. Thanks!

Rachel

August 2018, I don’t know if you found a way around the verification process but I contacted Pinterest and they told me to log into my acct to prove it was my account and take a screenshot and send to them. This has been a few months ago so they may worked out the problem by now. I did get verified.

Hello,

So there is no way to use rich pins from Pinterest either, I suppose since it requires doing the below:

1. Add Open Graph or  Schema.org markups between the <head> </head> section of your HTML code for each page you want to enable product Rich Pins on. If you are using Shopify, check out the instructions below specifically for Shopify sites. Here are the required Rich Pin fields for each type of markup. Edit the highlighted fields to reflect your products.

Open Graph markups:
    <meta property="og:title" content="de Young Copper Bookmark" />
    <meta property="og:type" content="product" />
    <meta property="og:price:amount" content="15.00" />
    <meta property="og:price:currency" content="USD" />

Seriously, GoDaddy?! You have a package that is designed specifically for online stores (which I purchased btw) and you didn't think to offer this option?! Well, you'd better find a solution to this soon, as there is a loooot of competition in the website building market and you're going to get left behind unless you improve in this area!
    Product Team
    Product Team

Hi @FlorenaB  - thanks for your patience. I'm sorry that we don't have a solution right now, but we have prioritized this to fix.  Christine

Product Team
    Product Team

Thanks @Pwyckoff2004 for sharing this workaround until we have a solution.  Sorry for the inconvenience. Christine

I used the help feature in Pinterest and told them their instructions were wrong and to please help me get verified. They checked out my website and got back to me within 24 hours telling me I was verified.

Try getting in touch with them - GoDaddy will just say sorry, no. We don't / can't / won't do that...

You'll also be disappointed with your GoDaddy site when you try to attach a pop up email collector from another vender, or see all the weird functions (or lack there of) when setting up your store, and you'll be lamenting you ever spent time on this platform.

If you can afford the time, effort, plugins, and learning curve, I'd suggest getting a WordPress site. 

**I wish someone had told me this three months ago.

Good Luck!

I, also made the mistake of signing up and paying for this website before making sure I could verify my pinterest account.  Godaddy really needs to make this flaw known before unsuspecting people pay hard earned money for a sight that is useless to on of the major shopping search platforms on the internet.  Really really ticked off.

Hi Go Daddy Team

How far out is this feature in your backlog? When can we expect to see this feature added? I just upgraded my service and feel duped by Go Daddy since this feature is not available. 

Sept 2018 - Due to a problem with my Big Commerce website which had just been verified with Pinterest,
    I moved to Go Daddy. I again used the help to ask them to verify my website. This time they had me insert a line of code on the home page to verify it was my website, then emailed very quickly that it had been verified. Yes it is not the best way to get verified, but it worked!
    Product Team
    Product Team

@JenniferWickert This is high priority for us! Thank you for your patience. Christine

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Hi @JenniferWickert Thanks for your patience - this feature is now available! We shipped to all English markets so far - once translations finish the feature will be available globally.  It is available in Settings.Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 10.57.54 AM.png

THANK YOU!!!!!

Product Team
    Product Team

Quick update - the feature is now also available globally!