• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Adding Sub-menu

Hello. I want to add a sub-menu item so when someone's mouse goes over the main menu "About Us" the sub item shows "Instructors". I want the users to be able to select "Instructors" and be taken to a page detailing that information. I don't want it to go to the "About Us" page (which happens now).  Help???? 

53 REPLIES 53
    Advocate V Advocate V
    Advocate V

Re: Adding Sub-menu

Are you using website builder or is this an organic site?

If it's organic, I can probably help.  Post the code you're using for the menu.  Are you using jQuery or another javascript framework?

Keep on Coding!
    Mark Cicchetti - There are 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.
    New

Go to menu setting and click indent on the tab you want to place as sub

I see explicit instructions in the "old" Website Builder - does exactly what I want.  However, I can't locate how to do this in the "new" GoCentral website editor I am working with.  Can you or anyone else help point me to where this is described?  Thanks.

Looking for the same answer, did you figure it out?

New

I am looking for the same answer. Please let me know if you have a solution.

New

I see your comment was in 2016 and it looks like we still have the same problem a year later. Is there a solution or it just can't be done in Go Central ? I have just recently signed up for Go Central and now I find out that I can't do some common tasks like add an action button that will link to a file, increase the font size in sections, add a sub menu to the navigation bar. It is getting frustrating to say the least.

please tell us where is " MENU SETTING"

it is my same question. please post your results if you have find any!

Hi i am using a godaddy website builder.  we have created pages but within the pages want sub menus ...how do i do this?

I need to create a drop down menu on my navigation

I want to create a drop down menu on my navigation, please. Can i have more than four main tabs in the navigation menu?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: I need to create a drop down menu on my navigation

At this time it's not possible to create any subnavigation links in GoCentral.  I'll be happy to pass along your request & suggestion to our developers.  

MPC

New

I would also like to do drop menu. I can't believe that isn't an option, seems a bit ridiculous.

Are you kidding me? No drop down menu for nav bars? You all do know we are no longer in the 1800's! Surely something as basic as this could be produced by one developer while the others sleep! YES, PASS IT ALONG WITH A CATTLE PROD PLEASE.

I to am trying to add sub menus. This is horrible that a company like go daddy does not allow it but smaller companies like weebly do. Total waste of my money and to think I was going to recommend it to the company I work for as they are not happen with who we have now.

Has anyone found a solution to this or is GoDaddy pushing us off?

This is seriously rediculous. Especially considering that their previous website builder allowed you to make drop down menus. I'm also noticing that if you have too many tabs, that it just makes a drop down menu for you and lumps all your other pages together. What?

I thought I was a numbskull as I have been trying in vain to add drop-downs to my website. I find it hard to believe the limited availability of key UI widgets in GoCentral/WebsiteBuilder. I can't even 'tab' my pages if I have lots of products to display (had to improvise by using the 'Button' widget provided. This is really absurd as Godaddy seems to be out of touch with what is not even a modern day technology. Next project suggestion for Godaddy: 'Modernization of GoCentral/WebsiteBuilder'. SMH (Shaking My Head).

Please, please please do this quickly GoDaddy - I'm resorting to links - just terrible.  This really is not worthy of you guys!

Isn't there a delete function for messages I've posted? Like this one.

@MPC wrote:

At this time it's not possible to create any subnavigation links in GoCentral.  I'll be happy to pass along your request & suggestion to our developers.  

MPC

You mean I spent the better part of a day creating the main navigational framework/pages and there's no way to add subpages? Really? How do you expect anyone to have a site with substantial content without it becoming a navigational nightmare? Like Kodakevin said in his reply, please pass this on--with a cattle prod! 

New

I am trying to do the same thing, so would appreciate any tips or solutions anyone finds!   

New

I found it.  When you're in edit mode, click on the menu bar you've already created, then click settings. A window will open, from there chose Edit Menu.  From there you can make existing menus sub menus and change the order by moving them up and down.  Hope this helps!

THE ABSURDITY OF THIS CANNOT BE OVERSTATED. JUST SPENT HOURS AND HOURS SETTING MY SITE UP. I'LL GIVE GODADDY 2 WEEKS TO FIX THIS OR I'M GOING TO MOVE MY WEBSITE TO ANOTHER PROVIDER. IT'S TOO STUPID TO LIVE WITH OUT OF PRINCIPLE. I HOPE THE ALL CAPS CONVEY MY ANGY VOICE EFFECTIVELY

Has this been solved?

New

not that i can see

So I am new to this tool and just got off the phone with tech support. I asked about drop down menus and was pointed to this forum. They could have told me that you cannot do it and I would have said, that makes it unusable to me, case closed. It is really hard to believe that this cannot be done.

Helper V

This may not be what you need, but I did discover this. The more navigational titles you add, the more you get. In the template I'm using, it puts "More" across the top and then the additional ones show up there. Didn't know if that would help some people. However, these are NOT sub-categories. The only place I see to get subcategories is under the Shop title. There you can add more subcategories. (Not sure if you can change the word Shop to something else.) If you can use this, it may help some folks.

Just found out the same.......GoCentral does not allow drop down menus. Lame. Support gladly offered to get me back to version 7 for an additional $10/month! I will be requesting a refund.  If they don't provide it, I will be referring my clients elsewhere. 

This simply is not acceptable that sub menus cannot be created in the gocentral website builder. Is it possible in website builder 7? if yes, is there a way to change the gocentral plan to website builder 7 plan? 

Good job digging until this question was addressed! Nice going...

United States Drones . US

I'm still having a hard time finding this option to make the submenu.  I'm probably clicking in the wrong area, but I can't seem to find the Edit menu option.

This answer is not for GoCentral. It can not be done with GoCentral and people have been requesting it for a year. I am now trying Word Press a little harder however great tutorials on YouTube. Plan to cancel GoCentral free trial given they can not add a feature like this in a year.

Re: Adding Sub-menu Update

If you are reading this you are likely a novice too.

I Cancelled GoCentral, CPanel and Office 365. Got a total refund no hassle.

Managed WordPress with GoDaddy gave me hosting all in one place. I opened a free Gmail account and use Google Forms to survey viewers and the Contact page. I prefer Google Forms as a first contact since I can ask questions as to why they are contacting me and all replies are in a spreadsheet thus I can sort the answers and use the email column to copy and paste to answer more than one contact at a time. After the initial response I just continue email with the Google account,

New

When will sub-pages be available!!??!!

A few weeks ago I switched from Website Builder, which had a lot of functionality, but poor design templates.  Now I love Go Central's ease and the look, but I can't believe it doesn't allow for sub-pages!  My customer sales rep said this is being addressed and will be fixed, but now I am suspicious.  I see this issue has been discussed for over a year on this help forum.  

This seems like a very basic issue and we need answers and a realistic time-line!  Or maybe your sales team just says things that are untrue to make the sale?

New

Re: When will sub-pages be available!!??!!

Probably wont.  GoCentral is great if you want a basic cookie-cutter storefront.  Otherwise, it lacks customization ability.  I have called HELP so many times only to be told YOU CANT DO THAT NOW!!

You guys, it's available now! I'm using GoCentral to build a website, and here's how to add the dropdown:

• Click to add a new page
    • Select "Dropdown menu" instead of "New page" (which is selected by default)
    • Name the menu whatever you want and make sure "Show in Navigation" is switched on
    • Voila! You have a dropdown menu

Hooray!

This is fantastic news, for new pages. 

What about pages already established?  How do you change it from a main page in navigation to a drop down?

Thank you!

Helper II

How to Create a Drop Down Menu Go Central

I was struggling with this too, and was able to work it out. Perhaps this information will help someone.

See https://shop.pure-life.com a new GC site and Online Store we are working now.  Note the SHOP menu at the top. it is NOT the default Shop that is auto created when you have an online store which we do. I deleted that one actually  because i wanted more control of my menus. Too limited on the default one. ** SEE TECH NOTE BELOW

Anyway, i created a new SHOP Drop Down menu as you will see on the site. Then you can add either PAGES or a LINK to an existing page to the drop down menu. (You will need the full URL for this). See the page called Shop/CHAYA, that is a Page and shown on the Shop drop down menu.

Now look at the LEARN menu, another Drop Down i created. See the CHAYA under the Learn menu. This one is not a page but a LINK to the same CHAYA page (on the Shop menu). So i have one that is the page, and another that is link to an existing page. See what i mean?

Couple Tech notes. 

• You can create a new Page , HIDE it on the menu if you want, but you can still direct LINK to that page even it is not shown on any menu.
    • When you create a new Drop Down menu...you can choose to have the parent item (SHOP or LEARN in my example) to have a link or NOT have a link to anything. 
    • You cannot change the parent link on the default SHOP menu that GC creates. It automatically goes to ALL PRODUCTS in your online store. This was one of the limitation is wanted to get around.
    • See my Shop menu/ ALL PRODUCTS> That is a page that i created to show ALL products in my online store. That was done by creating that page, then adding a section called SELL ONLINE. Drops that module right on the page.
    • About deleting the existing default SHOP menu item that GC creates (not the manual one i explained above). Since the links are dynamic when you create new pages, the links are automatically modified when you move pages, rename etc. If you delete the default menu you may  need to check your site and update your links.

Hope this is helpful to someone. 

Have a good day. Len

I see that this message was posted by a GoDaddy moderator many months ago. I also understand that GoDaddy is making several updates a month. So, has the feature of adding sub menus in the navigation been added yet? Thank you!

Helper II
    Helper II

Go Central now has sub menus...   Check out the "Automotive" menu item on https://rrraceway.com

You access it in "pages & navigation" and instead of new page, pick the drop down menu item.   🙂

Helper II

Re: How to Create a Drop Down Menu Go Central

UPDATE thelink above is just https://pure-life.com  drop the SHOP part.

Helper V

Re: How to Create a Drop Down Menu Go Central

To all subscribers of this topic, I see another user has done some testing of the new sub-menu feature and here are the results:

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/Go-Central-vs-Website-Builder/m-p/94877#M3035

How can I add sud-menu to my godaddy website editing?

Helper II
    Helper II

In go central...

Click on pages

then Add

then check Drop Down Menu

then name it

then click "Create Menu"

After that you can add new or existing  pages to it

Helper II

Right--- in Go Central you have an option under Add Pages for SUB MENU. In Website builder you do not.

In WB you have to create the page, then manually indent it under the menu item you want it to be a sub of. This method also works in GoCentral too.

My 2 cents.

It cannot be true with CoCentral, there's no such option as Edit Menu...can you post photos you doing it?

I agree with you completely.  By the time I found out how to create sub-menus, I had already created a handful of pages which I then needed to re-create as sub-menu pages. There was no way that I could see that allowed you to move parent level pages under sub-menus.

<p>Some issue will facing ,when ftp file zilia using with SSH service</p>

<a href="http://www.zilabazar.com/gurgaon_classified.php">Online ads gurgaon</a>

New

I too signed up to gocentral from the pervious format and was so limited with gocentral so I went back to webbuilder 7.  Ahhh!  Much better.

The problem I am having with sub-menus is this.  I can add the sub-menu and it drops down but the page does not open??

Need help, please.

Lynnly