Go to solution
    Highlighted

Adding a Vimeo link to Website Builder template

Adding A Vimeo Link To Website Builder Template

5 REPLIES 5
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Adding a Vimeo link to Website Builder template

Hi @NevadaCynthia. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

As far as I know, there wouldn't be a way to add the video to the template itself. However, you could probably embed the video using the HTML Code design block, then use Settings to have it appear on every page. See below:

htmlonallpages.jpg

If anyone in the community has a different Idea, please share it here!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Solution

Go to http://embedresponsively.com/ and add your video file number and it will create your html code.  Thank God for this website, it allowed me to upload my Vimeo videos.  Not everyone uses Youtube.  I wish Godaddy offered a button for Vimeo as they do for Youtube.

Thank-you BigMama - it's a great help.  It's strange that the "less good VNext" website builder that GoDaddy offers does support Vimeo...

I've done what you suggested, and I've got the html for my Vimeo content, and I've pasted it in the html block that's provided - but nothing happens...

It's a long-long time since I did any HTML coding.  Are there basic things like <HEAD></HEAD<BODY></BODY> to stick on the outside of my block as well?

Hi Jimcamera,

Unfortunately, I have no idea, there just might be.  I was on the phone with a GD CS agent and they suggested the html in the box but didn't know the codes.  I had to search the information myself on the web and came across the website I posted and on a leap of faith I tried it and it seemed to work for me.  I did have to play with the size a little in the html coding to view like I wanted it to and it worked for me. 

Don't give up, I'm sure you'll figure it out, then post in this thread to help others.  -I have NO background in html or website building but like many others, researching and finding answers on the web.  Good luck I'm root'n for ya! Smiley Happy

AWESOME!!! 

Yes. Thank you, BigMama. This was great!