cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Adding a search box with Website Builder

Hi folks,

Does anybody know how to add a Search box in the Website Builder? I tried adding code for Google Search in the <body> section in Sitewide Settings, but it doesn't work ... no search box appears on the pages.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Adding a search box with Website Builder

Hi @Patsky, thanks for posting.

Generally you would also need to add some custom HTML/script to the section of the page where you would like to actual search box to appear. If you are using Website Builder v7, see this article for adding a custom HTML block to your page:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-html-code-to-page-12286
    ^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status

How The Visiters Search My Post On My Website..I Mean How To Put Search Field In mY Site

Can Anyone Help Me....I Am Beginner So,Please Tell Me About More Website Development

Hi all,

I would like to add a page on my website where I put research and documents on different topics.

Does anyone have an idea how I could do this in Website Builder?

I would like people to be able to search through the documents and links by topic and data.

Thank you everyone

Regards

Lance

Hey everyone, 

Newbie here, first actual website. But I do know the basics on building a site/hosting etc... 

So i just setup my site and domain (www.kevintibbofitness.com) using the website builder, and so far im pretty happy. But, i've realized that the website builder is very limited in its functionality. For example, I would like to add a global search function so visitors can find specific content on my page. 

I would also like to add subpages, specifically under my "articles" and "video" section... 

Is there any way to do this at all? If not, is it possible to transfer my site out to do some custom editing/use a different website builder, etc?

Thanks

Kevin

anyone know how to have the search menu in my website correctly search? If I type in the name of a product I have added in a module in the same page when I enter it in search  it just lists the first sentence of text on the page and thats all. If I enter in info on a post like "blog" It does bring that up correctly. Is there any way to make a tag of some sort in an actual page that it will find in a search? I want it to be able to search products which I have listed on a page and not a post.

Yes, the code?  The Html code, where do I find it to paste it in the html box

I found this, and many others, none works!  Can you help me please? 

<html>

<body>

<div class=“search”>

<form action=“http://www.helvetiadigital.com/”>

<input type=“text” name=“search” placeholder=“Enter your key word . . .”/>

<input type=“submit” value=“Search Here”/>

</form>

</div>

</body>

</html>

I don't know about adding a box, but in the site I just set up, the search magnifying glass is at the right-hand upper corner and did the job. 

I only have one product up, but here 'tis:

A Japanese Woodblock Prints Gallery

Helper II

Gary you show how to enter HTML code got that. But WHAT CODE? I know about Google CSE but they have discontinued that as of April 2017. So first does GoDaddy have a method of adding a search box in WB7?

LATER>>>>>

I found a way to do this in an effort to solve my own problem, hope it helps someone else. Google CSE search is going away. I found the code for a very basic search box you can add to your Website Builder.

The only problem is GoDaddy apparently does not allow pasting of code here they strip it out when I tried to paste it here.

So contact me and I will send it do you. Or Moderator, tell me how i can paste code in here it will help a lot of people who are search for this fix which i have.

Thanks

Len

Helper II

I have had several people try to send a private message asking for my search box code instructions but i cannot reply to those messages, they bounce. If you would like me to email you the code contact me through my website, this method is not working.

My site is www.naplestech.com hit the Contact at the top I will get your mail and send you the code.

Thanks

Helper II

Carlos see my post below.

Len

Helper II
    Solution

Hey Kevin

You cannot change from Website Builder to something else (wordpress, jumla, dreamweaver etc) unfortunately, it is all proprietary software they say. I have asked many times if there was some sort of export function etc but they said no. So once your site is in WB you are stuck in WB really. To change you would have to recreate your whole site in another program.

The good news is yes you can do the other things you mentioned. Add a SUB menu (sub page) is easy. First you make a page (this automatically adds the item to your main menu. You can also create just a LINK and put on the menu if you dont want a full page. But for this example make a page.

Once you create the SUB Page, go to the EDIT section of your menu. You will see the page you just added at the bottom. You just drag it up to place it in the order you want it. Also you will INDENT it, this will make it a sub page on your menu under whatever you indent it under. Easier than you think. The fact that WB makes a menu item when you create a page can be a bit confusing.

Search Box. See my other post on that topic. I have to email you the code since they dont seem to allow pasting of code directly in here.

Hope this helps you .

Thanks

Len

i sent you an email for the search box code. please reply as soon as possible

my email is: wissamzibara2@gmail.com

would be very thankful  if you  send the search box  code soon, as i a hurry. thank you very  much

New

Len ...you saved my designer from pulling all of her hair out and seriously sending GoDaddy a "not-so" love note!!  Thanks so much for your help!  A really good work around for that search!!

All the best - Amber 

dear Sir/Mam, 

i m trying to find search box coding for my website ( www.samanyagyanedu.in) so many days. its very difficult for me to find suitable search box html/css coding.

i want to help form your end. if u have any solution regarding this please send Email ( lokesh2263@gmail.com) to me.

With Regards,

Lokesh Kumar

hi im using website builder vnext can u help me how to put search button?
    New

Hi we moved from Website builder to Wordpress.....MUCH EASIER and MUCH HAPPIER. We never implemented the search button in website builder.  Sorry.