Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Adding affiliate links in HTML

I can't add affiliate links via HTML. 

5 REPLIES 5
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Adding affiliate links in HTML

Hi @hernando. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Any HTML you add on a GoCentral site would have to be able to be used in an iframe within the body of the website. If the affiliate provider you're working with can provide that, then it should work. If the script has to be inserted into the head section of the site, then you won't be able to use it. If that's something you absolutely need, you may want to consider a different platform, like WordPress. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Unfortunately iframe doesn't work either! I guess I'll have to switch providers as you suggested! Maybe yahoo or 1on1 allow affiliate marketing 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@hernando That's too bad Man Sad To clarify, I wasn't suggesting that you switch providers, only site builder platforms. You can build a WordPress website with GoDaddy too. However, if you find another provider that has a website builder that better fits your needs, I can understand wanting to move. We'd hate to see you go, but in the end, only you can decide what's best for your endeavor. Good luck to you either way!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I know absolutely nothing about WordPress. I just want to be able to copy and paste my HTML code from my affiliates. I tried iframe from Amazon and that doesn't work either. I'm guessing GoDaddy makes it this hard so you hire them to build your website for you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

I can understand why you might feel that way @hernando. However, that's definitely not the case. Any limitations on scripting are to help make sure the platform stays stable. Having the ability to add any scripting to a GoCentral site could break it, and we don't want that to happen. However, having the ability to add an Amazon affiliate code may be helpful to other customers as well. I will pass your feedback along to our product team.