Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Adsense app-ads.txt

Thank You!

Could You please also add feature for adding app-ads.txt file for proper use of AdMob in Google Play App? Its very similar to ads.txt and also must be in the domain root directory.

https://www.blog.google/products/admob/app-ads-txt-protects-app-revenue-and-brand/

8 REPLIES 8
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Adsense app-ads.txt

Hi @LachoB. I removed your question from the thread it was in since it's worthy of its own topic. I passed on your request to the product team. They will look into the possibility of adding app-ads.txt in addition to the ads.txt we've already implemented. If I find out more, I'll update here. Thanks for the suggestion! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Hi @JesseW,

Thank you I'll wait for your answer.

AdMob app-ads.txt

Hello everyone,

I would like to contact the team of GoCentral WebsiteBuilder.

Please add feature to GoCentral WebsiteBuilder for adding app-ads.txt file in domain's root directory as you did for Adsense ads.txt!

This file is extension of Adsense ads.txt and is strongly required from Google's AdMob.

The deadline for adding this file is 27.08.2019 and if the file is not added my income and the income of everyone who uses Google's AdMob will be severe affected and I will be forced to quit with GoDaddy and move my site somewhere  else.

About app-ads.txt here:

https://www.blog.google/products/admob/app-ads-txt-protects-app-revenue-and-brand/

Super User III
    Super User III

Re: AdMob app-ads.txt

This seems like it should be a high priority for the Website Builder team. I was looking into this and this will start severely impacting anyone using the Website Builder product soon. This one is important.

@ProductInsights 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Thanks @MrVapor. I just wanted to clarify that this only affects customers who:

1. Display ads in their mobile apps and
    2. list their GoCentral website in their app's directory page in its respective app store.

This narrows down how many customers would actually benefit from adding the feature. Clearly, it's important to @LachoB, and that's not to be discarded. However, the product team needs to look at what features would be the most beneficial to the largest cross-section of customers. My understanding is that is under review right now. I have reached out to the product team to see if they can give an update on this. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks @MrVapor !

@JesseW  I don't think that adding this feature will cost so much effort, because already has such logic for ads.txt it is very similar.

I also think that lack of this feature will decrease the count of potential customers, because people who have or manage apps will not use GoCentral.

Product Team
    Product Team

Hi all - thanks for your input on this.  We will support app-ads.txt too.  It will be available this week. Christine

Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hey Everyone. Just wanted to give an update that this should now be available for you to use. It is available in the same settings are where you add your AdSense code and enable ads.txt. Thanks for your suggestions and patience!