• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Advanced Editing?

I just started building a new website on GoDaddy. I have enough CSS/HTML/WordPress knowledge to be dangerous. I would like to "override" some of the features like color, etc. myself, but cannot find where I should navigate to in order to do advanced editing. The site is obviously not published as I'm building a brand new site.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PMO_WSW 

No problem - at this point the only thing I can say is if you need more flexibility / options you would need to build your site on WordPress

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User IV

@PMO_WSW 

You've posted this in the Websites + Marketing board - which is the GoDaddy DIY Website Builder. This builder while powerful, does not allow for advanced editing as you are describing.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

That's too bad. There is only one review option, for example, I really don't have client pictures, etc. and it doesn't allow me to disable it. My logo, if I put it in the top gets extremely distorted, etc. The color theme doesn't allow for much creativity as I cannot see a way to change the colors around, it is choosing what goes in the top of my header, the bottom, etc. I like the editor overall, it's far better than Weebly or Wix, but I hope they will allow for fewer restrictions in the future. Thanks for your quick response.

@PMO_WSW 

No problem - at this point the only thing I can say is if you need more flexibility / options you would need to build your site on WordPress

View solution in original post