• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

Appointments - how to have different phone numbers for notification vs contact us

First, I am a big fan of Go Central. Beautiful and easy. Appointments functionality has been a game changer for us.

That said, I have an issue I need help on.

The email confirmation for customers booking appointments automatically uses the SMS notification number as the ‘contact us’. We need to protect the cell number that is listed for for SMS alerts and would rather the ‘contact us’ in the email confirmation be the general business number, or nothing at all.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Phil

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Appointments - how to have different phone numbers for notification vs contact us

Hi @Philruff

Thanks for posting in our forums. There should be a way to edit this from within the main business settings section. I suggest giving our support team a call to validate into your account and they can take a look. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Helper I

Re: Appointments - how to have different phone numbers for notification vs contact us

Thanks, I appreciate the response. However, I am not in a position to call support due to travel. 

Is there any way you can verify for me that this is a customizable field? I have been up and down all the options, and I can’t find it.

The only place the cell number is listed is in the notification section for the appointments.

The contact us number for the main business menu is the normal business number.

My guess is that the appointments functionality is picking the wrong number and no way to change it.. 

😉

Please advise.

Thanks,

Phil

Employee
    Employee

Hi @Philruff,

Thank you for taking the time to submit the feedback. We have heard of the need to use the general business number for customers to contact you, different from the number for you to receive text notifications. We are working on a plan to address this. We will keep you posted on the timing. If you have further unmet needs, please let us know. Thank you for using the product and please keep the suggestions coming.

Pianpian, GoDaddy product manager

Helper I

@carolynlin Thank you for confirming that there is no solution yet and that I am not using the product incorrectly. It is what it is for now.

Regarding the go forward fix, I would like to see some ability to craft the confirmation message to the customer when they book an appointment. Currently, there is ZERO ability for us to craft that meaningful message to the customer. It is important for that message to the customer be appropriate and effective. There is NO way that should be standardized by godaddy, as it is personal and specific to the context of the business and type of appointment. Please let us edit this important customer message!

Any workaround advice to help us meet our use case would appreciated. For now, we had to turn off text notifications, which is not settling well with the owner. But better than publishing his personal cell to new prospects booking appointments.

Thanks,

Phil

Employee
    Employee

@Philruff thank you for the further feedback, we will look into ways to address your needs. One workaround is for the business owners to sign up to GoDaddy's app Smartline, which provides a business phone number that can be used for text and call.

Helper I

Carolynlin,

Can you please elaborate how your suggestion to invest in smartlinr will solve our problem?

Do you consider the situation we are in to be a bug?

Recap the situation:

-gocentral has a cool scheduling feature we use. it is central to our website and is great for customers to seamlessly schedule an appointment online in an open time slot.

-however, once an appointment is made, somebody at the business needs to be notified and manage it. for some reason, godaddy chose the ‘general contact us phone number’ as the notification for a new apptment and for reminders. i consider this a bug.

-our preference is that the notification number for appointment management is allowed to be separate from the general customer contact number because it is a totally different purpose and person. the contact us is for customers during business hours. the appt management number is for employees. right now, it is hard coded to the contact us number

Do you read the situation differently?

thanks
    phil

Employee
    Employee

@Philruff Thank you for following up. You can learn more about Smartline here: https://www.godaddy.com/smartline. The basic concept is to get a number through Smartline, and use that number as the phone number in the Appointment admin settings, so that the business owner don't have to provide the personal number.

For the case you mentioned below that there is one number for business hours, another for appointment booking notifications, is something we are looking into and will develop new functionalities to support, not a bug.

Thank you,

Pianpian

GoDaddy product manager

Helper I

Hmmm, not sure we are on the same page or agree that smartline will fix.

I need the ‘contact us’ number on the website to be public and the general number customers use.

I need the phone number that is used for notifications to employees about appointments to be private.

For some crazy reason, the number in the settings for employee notifications must be the general contact number.

This is a bug in my view. I have no idea how smartline is a valid solution to this issue.

Please advise what I am missing.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Philruff. I think what @carolynlin is trying to express is: 

1. We're working on adding the functionality to have a different number within online appointments/notifications. This is not currently available. 
    2. You could use a SmartLine number in your online appointments set up.  The customer receiving the appointment email would see the SmartLine number. SmartLine can be installed on the device you're currently receiving SMS notifications on, so they would still see the notifications without having to have their actual number on the email. 

Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper I

I appreciate the clarification and communication.

However, I don’t understand.

If I add smartline, does the general contact us number stay the same? The general contact us number for the business is rings the front desk of the store.

If I add smartline, the appointments, how does that resolve the issue? It is still a different t number right?

Seems to me that you have instrumented gocentral to have a different number only when using smartline?

The appointment number is the cellular of the person doing appointments.

I am usually not this dense, so please help me understand how my use case is solved with smartline.

Seems still to be a bug in my view. I don’t understand any use case where the the appointment notification is the exact same number as the general contact us number unless the business is a one person shop. Again, I may be dense, but seems to be a bug. Or maybe it was a badly written spec with unintended consequences... not the fault of the coders, but should have been questioned IMHO.

Thanks
    Phil
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

@Philruff - For the record, I don't think you're being dense Smiley Happy It doesn't sound like using SmartLine would be a good option for you, since you have an established business number. The "workaround" in this case would only be viable if you were able to use a completely different number on your website (the SmartLine number). As was said above, it's not possible (yet) to have a different number in the appointments section, but it is a feature we're working to add. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Hi @Philruff. Just wanted to give a quick update to let you know that Online Appointments now has an option to get text notifications at a different number than the one listed for the business. I think this solves the issue you had initially mentioned above Man Very Happy

GC - appointments sms.png

Have similar issue, but even worse, Smartline is not available in Canada. Will it ever be ?

Helper I

I was notified yesterday they the problem was fixed by godaddy using the solution we proposed. The root cause was as we suspected.

I validated the fix and we are very happy godaddy followed through.

Not sure your issue in Canada, but I suspect it has a different root cause.

Sorry this may not help you, but this case is closed. I encourage you to start a new case so you get the attention you need.

Phil

Phil Ruff
    630-715-5940
    phil@philruff.com