• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Book multiple calendars on GoCentral

I have a barbershop where I want to set up online appointments for multiple barbers. Right now it looks like I can set up the calendar availability for just one person. Does anyone know how to set it up for more than one person?

13 REPLIES 13
    Employee
    Employee

Re: Book multiple calendars on GoCentral

Hi @allybertrand92 - 

Thank you for using the Appointments feature in GoCentral. I checked with the product managers, and we're working on multiple calendars right now, so this feature should be out in general release mid- to late-April. Thank you for your patience!

Best-

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

@hgibson,

I am also really looking forward to this option.

Is there a chance that we can also get custom time blocks for appointments? Right now, the default is 30 min. Is there a way to change the appointment lengths? ie: 15 min, 30 min, 60 min, etc? 

Do you have any updates on the progress, or if/when these features will be available?

I would also like to see the function of the current calendar tool (line-item agenda) to be able to incorporate more than one iCal feed! Smiley Happy I am referencing the GoCentral platform. 

Employee
    Employee

@nathanjohn21 You are asking about the Calendar section (right?), which is different from the Appointments calendar that this thread is addressing. You can add that same Calendar section to your site multiple times, and assign a different iCal link to each one you add, to have multiple calendars on your site. That work?

best-

Heidi, GoDaddy product manager

Employee
    Employee

We now support up to 5 different schedules, so if you have up to 5 employees for appointments, you can have a different schedule for each. Thanks for your patience!

-Heidi

@hgibson Oh! Ok, you're right; yes, I was referencing the calendar section, thanks for that info. Ok, I'll look into as and you a message off this chain. Thanks! 

Solution

@hgibsonwrote:

We now support up to 5 different schedules, so if you have up to 5 employees for appointments, you can have a different schedule for each. Thanks for your patience!

-Heidi

@hgibson this is slightly misleading for most of us...

1) We can only create appointments on the half hour. Ie: 8AM, or 830AM. Even if appointments are custom set to a different interval such as 15 min, the scheduler does not reflect that. 

2) Currently, the only way to utilize the "multiple employees" feature, is by creating a group class, which you can only schedule for a full hour long session, and cannot create multiple classes per day. There is no way to book a single appointment while being able to choose from multiple different employees.

I know this is a newer feature, so I am not upset, but I am hoping that in the future, these sorts of changes will occur. I upgraded my subscription to gain access to these features, but I think I need to downgrade now, because none of them are functioning to my needs.

Thank you!

Employee
    Employee

Hi @allybertrand92,

We recently released the functionality for you to host multiple classes/events at the same time with different staff members. With the Staff function in class/events, a hair salon can set up multiple events at the same time hosted by different staff members. For example, a haircut 101 workshop everyday 8am-9am by John, advanced haircut by Amy 8am-9am everyday. It could be a workaround in some sense if you set the event capacity to be 1 for haircuts.

We will enable doing multiple appointments with different staff members around end of May.

Thank you for using the appointment booking functions and please feel free to follow up with further questions.

Pianpian

GoDaddy product manager

Pianpian, GoDaddy product manager
    Employee
    Employee

Hi @jsmercurial11

We plan to enable customization of time blocks for appointments around end of May. Please keep an eye on updates.

Thank you for sending the feedback. Are there other needs you have regarding booking services?

Pianpian

GoDaddy product manager

Employee
    Employee

Hi @jsmercurial11,

We will enable doing multiple appointments with different staff members around end of May.

For classes/events, you can set the capacity to 1, so it is not necessarily a group class. You should be able to set up multiple classes per day (for example, one service at 9am everyday, another service at 10am everyday, the services could have the same name). 

What kind of business do you have? You are right that this is a new product and we continue to develop more functionalities to support your needs.  Thank you for sending the feedback and hope you can check out the appointment booking functions later this year. 

@carolynlinwrote:

Hi Jsmercurial,

For classes/events, you can set the capacity to 1, so it is not necessarily a group class. You should be able to set up multiple classes per day (for example, one service at 9am everyday, another service at 10am everyday, the services could have the same name). 

What kind of business do you have? You are right that this is a new product and we continue to develop more functionalities to support your needs.  Thank you for sending the feedback and hope you can check out the appointment booking functions later this year. 

@carolynlin

Thank you for your reply.

I own and operate a chiropractic office in Virginia. I only use the online appointment feature for Saturday appointment slots (one day a wk). I would love to be able to do the following:

1) Customize the length of my "services"; ie 15 min, 20 min, 30 min, etc, and have them reflect that change when customers book online. Currently, I can set a service to last a duration of 15 min, but when a customer goes to book, they can ONLY book slots every 30 min interval, ie: 8am, 830a, 9am, etc. They cannot book for 815, or 845.

2) Be able to allow multiple employees to have available appointments on the same day. My office has two doctors, and being able to choose which doctor a potential customer would want to see, is very important. I would also like these employees to be linked to appointments, not group classes. None of my services occupy an full hour long slot (60 min).

Ideally a potential flow chart would be:

*Book appointment

*Select a service

*Select an employee

**Select a time slot

Employee
    Employee

Hi @jsmercurial11 thanks very much for your reply. That's helpful information to know your business and the flow you and your customers expect. We will gradually release functionalities to support the needs you outlined around late May. Do you want to check out the new functionalities around then? (available in Goaddy website builder business plus plan). 

Employee
    Employee

@jsmercurial11 additionally, in case you want to set up any classes/events, in the service duration, you can select 0 hours and 15 minutes, and set the start time as 9am on Saturday April 15 for example, then the event will be listed as a 15 minute event starting from 9am, hosted by doctor 1, and the customers can book it. You can also set up another event at the same time, hosted by doctor 2.