• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Building a site for a client -- share preview?

I'm building a website for a client to replace their old site built with what appears to be a previous version of GoDaddy's site builder tools.

I want to share a preview of what I have so far, is there any way to password protect a "published" site on the 30 day trial, or a way to share the preview?

Further question:

If I develop a site on my account, how can I transfer the site design to another account without recreating it from scratch?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Building a site for a client -- share preview?

Hello!

I have the exact same questions! I know that WIX offers those features. But I am also revamping an old GoDaddy site for a client and need them to preview it!

Hey @minnesotajosh, @abdesignservice,

Unfortunately, there is no way to publicly share the preview of the site being developed within the page designer at this time. I'll pass the request along to our developers to take into consideration as a new feature we could hopefully release in a future update.

Appreciate you both taking a moment to share the idea.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thank you for the response. That is too bad as I won't be able to use GoDaddy for projects. I will use Wix instead as they offer the preview aspect.!

New users who aren't familiar with web development would greatly benefit from this capability. 

I have run into the same problem. You could program a simple url to share.  This will probably be the last time I use GoDaddy for a client because of the reduced web builder functions, including no preview for a client. You are forcing us to use the updated web building tools but you are not serving our needs. Most unfortunate.  Please listen to us!