• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Can I change the color of a Font?

Please tell me we can change the color of the font. I do not want the typical black. I cannot figure out how to do it at all. I am so frustrated. Can someone please tell me the steps?

Also, I don't see where we can add an image where there is none. 

I have to say I am really disappointed that I went through Go Daddy with my domain purchase and website. I wish I had picked one of the other ones that are so easy to add a text box, color, and style of font and images however many and where you want them.

Hoping I am just being a dumb blonde and not seeing how to do any of it.

Thanks so much for any help!

Deb

17 REPLIES 17
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Can I change the color of a Font?

UPDATE 10/1/19: Please see the last post in this thread about changing colors. 

Hi @EnchantedPen,

Currently there isn't a way to change the font color once you've picked your theme. Our product team is aware that this isn't ideal and is working on a solution. It might be helpful for you to follow this thread that addresses this same question https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/Website-Builder-Text-Colors/m-p/53572#M1186 for future updates. Thanks much!

Rachel

I agree with "EnchangedPen" that this is extremely inconvenient.  I got duped into "upgrading" to this version by a GoDaddy staffer and now I wish I had never done so!  I have been a heavy user of MS Word features for years and have designed pretty advanced print pieces.  I am NOT HAPPY that I am stuck with the "theme" colors and cannot make any changes.  BORING BORING BORING and little to no creativity involved.  I HATE it so far and I'm stuck with it for two years?  Did I mention that I AM NOT HAPPY?  Seriously?  You can't do something as BASIC as changing the font color for the text in select areas?

Not satisfied in Florida

I totally agree! This "upgraded" site is awful!  I loved my old GoDaddy site and had many compliments on it! Definitely not worth it and not what I expected!  I had no problem using the previous site! This one looks cheap and boring!

I agree, I like to use the deep colors that Example; green-black (doesn't look green), purple-black (doesn't look purple), red-black (doesn't look red), blue-black (doesn't look blue), and so forth. Using these colors, helps the eyes with a white background. Oh, and speaking of white background, it should not use bright, piercing white, hex code #ffffff. The good white to use are, "different shades of white", those are the ones to use. They have about 12 shades of white, I'm sure there are other types of white but I like the ones are "different shades of white". Please request that as well. Thank you in advance. @RachelM 

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @Virtue-,

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm going to check in with our team and have one of them reply about any plans. Take care and have a good day!

Rachel

Employee
    Employee

Hi,

I appreciate you all taking time out of your day to give us this feedback. We design our themes to make sure font color looks good and provides contrast with the background for readability. However, we agree that being able to customize font color is essential to make your text look better with your own color choices. We plan on giving you this customization but it’s going to require some pretty big changes.

I will update this board when I have a better approximation of when this customization will be available.

Rachel

Please provide an update on when this feature may become available. The inability to:

- customise a fonts colour

- add extra pictures to a section

- adjust the dimensions of particular items in a section

are all very limiting features that make the usability and flexibility very restricted and frustrating for users.

I chose to use GoDaddy over Wix to keep the Domain registration and website builder in one place, this is proving to already be a bad decision with these limited features and restrictions.

Your update and assistance is greatly appreciated.

New

I can't believe the ability to independently change the font colour per text box is not allowed with this product.  Had I known I never would have purchased your Product.  Lucky for me I am still within my 30 day free trail period.  I will be calling to cancel this Product and get a full refund. 

Helper I

If we can control the FONT, COLOR and TEXT size it would make GoCentral more presentable and would match what WIX or any competitor at that matter can do with way more features and better ones at that too. 

I believe this project should already be done by now since the product launch. 

If nobody has the freedom of SIZE and COLOR then why do we have to follow the simple source code of GoCentral in building a website that sticks out from the rest? 

Yes, you can HTML your website to death to stick out from the rest but if you take a look at most GoDaddy sites you can tell they are GoDaddy sites if they were built by GoDaddy Central.

We should have the freedom of changing COLOR for our backgrounds, Size and Font of ANY text anywhere on the site and a little freedom to place objectives where we want instead of adding block after block on top of our websites. 

Yes, I know the market plan was easy to use and you can build within an hour but after you design it you have a product that needs constant updating and it would be easier if we had the same features or even more than Blogger and WordPress. 

I am so disappointed in this site builder.  been working on it off and on for a year and still get frustrated every time i try to edit for publishing.  it is a mess.  unable to do such simple task color size layouts themes all unsatisfactory

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@venusflytraplad @EnchantedPen @RyFyZone @Pawn11 @eteamremovals 

I get it. I understand your frustration. 

That being said, there are other options out there for you to choose. The beauty of GoCentral is its simplicity. It's designed for someone who has no idea what they're doing. It's designed for that person to get their idea live and on the internet. GoCentral excels at that. 

I've been working with GoCentral since it was still a beta product. Its development has been phenomenal. A completely proprietary website builder that is constantly updated with new features at no extra cost. It gets better each month. Literally.

I feel like a large part of success on the internet is determining which platform is the best one for your vision. Most people go for the cheap option and then blame it for its limitations instead of finding the correct platform and getting it set up correctly. I also find as a web developer that many people rush in without much of a plan.

Basically, it sounds like many of you need to reevaluate your website and see if there is a more suitable platform for your needs. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Re: Can I change the color of a Font?hest l

Same here. I am regretting to have domain and website on this GoDaddy.

@EnchantedPen wrote:

Please tell me we can change the color of the font. I do not want the typical black. I cannot figure out how to do it at all. I am so frustrated. Can someone please tell me the steps?

Also, I don't see where we can add an image where there is none. 

I have to say I am really disappointed that I went through Go Daddy with my domain purchase and website. I wish I had picked one of the other ones that are so easy to add a text box, color, and style of font and images however many and where you want them.

Hoping I am just being a dumb blonde and not seeing how to do any of it.

Thanks so much for any help!

Deb

I would request management to take care of this before it becomes disaster for customer satisfaction.  

Product Team
    Product Team

We're looking at how we can enable more flexibility for color application, while ensuring that sites are still readable - accessibility matters not only for ensuring visitors can clearly read the text, but also because it factors into how Google ranks your site for search. That being said, there are some ways you can change the font color - it really depends which part of the product you are talking about.  Button text is typically black or white depending on the background color. Within a section, for body text or section titles, the color will vary based on what "accent" color you chose at either the theme or section level.  Can you share more about what section you wanted to update, or what element (e.g. button, section title, body text)? I'd love to hear more on what you were solving for too - e.g. color preference, contrast problem, etc.  Thanks! Christine

Product Team
    Product Team

Also - please message me if you'd be willing to participate in some user research and testing for work we have in progress.  Thanks!

Hello Im specifically trying to change the color font in the header of the builder- Is there a way to do that? 

@PM_Christine wrote:

We're looking at how we can enable more flexibility for color application, while ensuring that sites are still readable - accessibility matters not only for ensuring visitors can clearly read the text, but also because it factors into how Google ranks your site for search. That being said, there are some ways you can change the font color - it really depends which part of the product you are talking about.  Button text is typically black or white depending on the background color. Within a section, for body text or section titles, the color will vary based on what "accent" color you chose at either the theme or section level.  Can you share more about what section you wanted to update, or what element (e.g. button, section title, body text)? I'd love to hear more on what you were solving for too - e.g. color preference, contrast problem, etc.  Thanks! Christine

Here's some super-specific details- I am attempting to utilize the video element in my header- When adding text to the Kai Theme in the Header specific-- the Font Karla and Quicksand are fine- but the default colour on them is Black- which makes it hard to see the text due to the colour specifically. If I was able to lighten it- that would be cool. Thank you again for your assistance.

Martina T. 

"A completely proprietary website builder that is constantly updated with new features at no extra cost. It gets better each month. Literally."

Nothing since June.  :-(