• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Can I edit my current website written in html files with go central

Hi I am working on a website for another person. The website is very old, and was built in Html and script files when go daddy came out. I was wondering if I could move all of the current files from the directory into a go central? I am only doing this because the website is very old and plane. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Can I edit my current website written in html files with go central

@1gatorgear1

GoCentral is a web builder application so you don't have access to upload html files or scripts.

What you can do is copy-n-paste the content from the old site to the new GoCentral site.   You could also upload any graphics or images as well.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't believe it is possible Smiley Sad I've been looking for this too as it would be useful in some cases

@Muse, I'm trying to do the same thing for a friend - there is an old site built one html page at a time and FTP'd to the godaddy host, and I want to replace it with something simpler to manage. But I need to show him what I'm doing so he can okay it before I hit publish. Is there a way to build the new site in GoCentral, leaving the existing site in place, but let him see it in preview?

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@RFoleyHenry

Yep!   Setup the GoCentral account in *his* GoDaddy account.

You can publish the GoCentral site using the free GoDaddy URL (username.godaddysites.com) for him to see.  I wouldn't publish until the site is just about ready to go.  You don't want the GoDaddy domain getting indexed before you switch over to his primary domain. 

When you he's happy you can then update the URL later to a domain in his account. 

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

you mention that one can copy-paste content to GoCentral but I do not see where to do that. it's all OO editor with no access to a page's code