• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Can't Change Text Font Color in Website Builder

I know this comment has been posted already - and the consistent reply is that what, to me, is a limitation, and a basic, elementary one that SHOULD NOT EXIST, at that, is viewed as a low-priority, resource-heavy upgrade by/from GoDaddy's development organization. Grrrrr... Above and beyond that - and I'm not an unsophisticated user - just one that is always learning (and it seems that I am LEARNING FAST, regarding GoDaddy as my web 'capability' vendor) - while, at first glance, to me, it seemed that I'm on the steep part of the learning curve, it turns out that there are more limitations than functionality. My latest beef is that I don't seem to be able to reply to this topic on another post - perhaps because it has been listed with a 'solution' - said 'solution' being - and I'm not faulting the worker bees, by any means (theirs is not to question why...) - that development ain't gettin' to it till the turn of the next millenium. Ah, frustration, thou art the mother of invention. Not sorry am I for the venting, but, certainly, do not mean to inconvenience any users. Grrrrr... Well, this will just motivate me to write the thing in HTML myself - it's not gonna be that difficult - certainly less so than trying to figure out an answer, that it shouldn't take more than a trivial time to find, to something that oughta be available, or certainly straightforward to fix, in the first place. I'm guessing GoDaddy buys chunks of what at least used to be called object-oriented capabilities - like fonts (which have fixed characteristics) - can't recall if they're called classes, or what, but you get my meaning - from other vendors. Grrrrrr...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@GuentherBedoo 

I'm an end user like you...

A couple of things.....

1) Older / Solved Forum posts are often locked for new replies as otherwise your reply may not be seen by others and/or it maybe a similar issue but not the same. Additionally having multiple unique posts on the same topic can help GoDaddy identify if there are issues.

2) In regards to the font color - I wanted to check this out for myself and you are 100% correct - while you can change the theme color which will affect some of the text / link colors, you do not have the ability to change colors on individual paragraphs / elements

I can see the pros / cons for this. That being said, I believe the majority of the people who are using Websites + Marketing may not be as technical / design centric and so GoDaddy built a system with them in mind where they can edit the text and not have to worry about "breaking" the consistency of the look and feel of the their site. 

At this time the platform is for basic websites - even basic ecommerce sites. Their are individuals / companies that need more and WordPress probably makes more sense for them.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User IV

@GuentherBedoo 

I'm an end user like you...

A couple of things.....

1) Older / Solved Forum posts are often locked for new replies as otherwise your reply may not be seen by others and/or it maybe a similar issue but not the same. Additionally having multiple unique posts on the same topic can help GoDaddy identify if there are issues.

2) In regards to the font color - I wanted to check this out for myself and you are 100% correct - while you can change the theme color which will affect some of the text / link colors, you do not have the ability to change colors on individual paragraphs / elements

I can see the pros / cons for this. That being said, I believe the majority of the people who are using Websites + Marketing may not be as technical / design centric and so GoDaddy built a system with them in mind where they can edit the text and not have to worry about "breaking" the consistency of the look and feel of the their site. 

At this time the platform is for basic websites - even basic ecommerce sites. Their are individuals / companies that need more and WordPress probably makes more sense for them.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post