• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Click images to enlarge in free tier and using website builder. No photo album

I am using the free tier WebsiteBuilder.
    I am using the About templates where the images are next to the text (or above) and I can describe what is happening in the image that I place.
    What I would need it to do, is allow me to click the image and have it enlarge to half the size of the screen.
    Would anyone know how to acheive this? I will probably need a custom HTML for that, but just not sure

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Click images to enlarge in free tier and using website builder. No photo album

The way you've described enlarging the photo is often referred to as a modal (like a 'pop-up' but actually in the same tab).  Unfortunately modals don't really work well with the way the HTML sections are implemented.

If you're able to link the image a possible workaround is to add the URL to the image as the link.  Though this would open in a new tab instead of showing over the existing tab.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/link-photo-to-a-webpage-26458

Re: Click images to enlarge in free tier and using website builder. No photo album

Ok thank you.

I could do this as a workaround for now, I guess I will have to upgrade so I would have access to the file manager behind the website and put my own javascript functions in there.

Thank you 

Super User III

No problem.  I will warn you ahead of time that the current Website Builder is streamlined for a beginner without previous experience to quickly and easily add their own content to one of the pre-designed templates.  Even the upgraded plans would be limited as far as advanced features, you wouldn't have access to manage the hosting or edit the files directly.

Interesting,

Does Godaddy allow any option to manage the files behind the website and develop from scratch if need-be? Even with the hosting option?

If they do allow this via hosting, do you know if I can easily transfer my website template to hosting?

Super User III

The templates are built into GoCentral, with no option to export.  InstantPage is meant to be a quick and easy way to get something up on your domain right now, but switching platforms means starting from scratch.

You may want to consider one of the open-source CMS options which can be installed into a regular hosting account, like WordPress.  There are countless themes available (free and paid) and these platforms allow extensive customization with plugins or custom code.

https://wordpress.org/themes/