• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Skilled II

Cobbling together a functional FAQ page

Web Builder does not offer a section type specifically formatted for FAQ pages. I constructed a functioning FAQ page using a Content section with groups to display the questions and then linking the questions to other Content sections with the answers. You can see the FAQ page at

https://jackpad.us/faq

Headlines were not used (left blank) in the first section with the questions and the section titles were left blank for all of the answer sections. 

The group entries can be linked to the corresponding content section. The last sentence of each answer includes a link going back to the top of the page.

An FAQ page could probably be created in an HTML section, but, the approach outline above seemed much simpler and easier to maintain.

Website + Marketing User since 2-Dec-2019
    Reverse Logic Limited
    7 REPLIES 7
    Super User II

Awesome and innovative thinking there, @reverselogic!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thanks for posting this, I have been scratching my head around how to format an FAQ out of the available content blocks. 

However, I really would like a better solution from GoDaddy, if I have a 100 Questions the list would look awful. Would like a search function and category support. 

manggrafix - I agree with you. My solution only works for a dozen questions or less. It would help if GoDaddy hired some programmers with real life experience who have actually sold something.

Website + Marketing User since 2-Dec-2019
    Reverse Logic Limited

If you have say 100+ FAQ, most companies have a separate platform that handles that or uses a more robust web framework. Just like most companies have there website, blog, and community platforms on separate web frameworks because use just not one web framework can handle it all.

Just my opinion!

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Thanks so much Drew, but your comments add no value what so ever. I was trying to provide some thanks to a fellow user. 

The website I am creating and managing is self-funded for my residential building, I am a volunteer committee member. We dont have the luxury for "robust frameworks" as you put it. 

I am keen to use CSS and HTML, I initially signed up for WordPress and was convinced by GoDaddy sales that this platform was best suited for my needs. Now if they had the ability to inject custom CSS into header, I dont think i would be posting here. 

This like any post I make, I hope GoDaddy see it and add my wish to their To Do list for next release. 

@manggrafix It was more of an additional informative response, and just responses that I've received from my clients as well. I had some clients that just embedded their FAQ Microsoft Word document that they already had created due to the complexity of there FAQ. That would be another option I would suggest as well.

I Agree with @reverselogic and @MrVapor as they always give good informative answers and suggestions. I'm for sure not discouraging them at all but just offering additional information. I know everyone wants the GoDaddy programmers to make all changes ASAP, and sometimes that doesn't happen. (Trust me I know, it took them about a year to fix one of my bugs in Microsoft Edge that I noticed in the platform). I also self-funded three non-profit veteran organizations' websites, where those committees like to request some off the wall things, so I totally understand where you coming from. But I have to remind them sometimes that what they want sometimes is out-of-scope of the self-funded GoDaddy product(s) I'm using since website, email, and domain costs sure add up monthly/annually. 

My apologies if you took my comment/post in the wrong way. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

@manggrafix I do see a few FAQ suggestions in the GoDaddy Feedback page for this product. I might suggest you submit your feedback suggestions as well, so it can be upvoted as well. That is the page that feedback is sent to if you submit feedback/ via the platform when in 'Edit' mode. I use that page all the time to submit my feedback and bugs of the product. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis