• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Contact Form - Cannot add dropdowns

Hi,

I am trying to add fields to my contact form. I get only two options of Single Text and Multiple text field. Why other options like dropdown not available to me though Help pages suggest that these options are there. 

Also, can I add custom validations to fields like length limit for pincode, only number allowed? I am only able to make the fields madatory. Please guide.

6 REPLIES 6
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Contact Form - Cannot add dropdowns

Hello @elehan7 

Unfortunately, what you see now as options, Single Text and Multiple Text fields, are all that are available. Can you link the Help page that says otherwise? It could either be a mistake or it could be referring to one of the older website builders.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Thanks for your response.

I think I referred this:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/adding-custom-fields-to-a-signup-form-15766?

But I guess sign up forms are different from Contact form.

Anyways, for now I am stuck with just textboxes and no numeric/length validation Smiley Sad

Rockstar I Rockstar I
    Rockstar I
    Solution

Hi @elehan7 ,

As  you see, the form builder is not particularly robust.  I've used a form processor called CoffeeCup

https://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder/ for years.  It has a feature where you can even use their servers for processing/storing form information.  You basically, embed some code into your page and you're set.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@elehan7 

I see what you're trying to do now. Those forms are made in the GoDaddy Email Marketing product which is included with all GoCentral products except the Personal version (I think.) Anywho, you'll find this under your GoCentral Dashboard under the Marketing tab. You'll want to set up a campaign. Once you're in there you can create sign up forms with custom fields. You should then be able to embed it on your GoCentral site.

I think that will get you where you want to be so you can do what you want. Let us know if that works!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I will try this and then update. Give me some time. 

@JMPepper 

Thanks for suggestion. Didn't want to get down to coding, however simpler it is but I will try this.

Definitely a great pointer for me. Thanks.