• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Contact Us Form Set-Up

How do I set up the Contact Us form to designate an email address to where messages submitted via the form are sent?

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Contact Us Form Set-Up

Hi @mecontrarian. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! If you're using GoCentral, any time you add a contact form, it will use the email address you have set up in Settings > Site Profile (in the editor) by default. If you'd like to change the address, you can do so by clicking the Submit button while in the editor. You should see the "send to" field on the right. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

Thank you for this info.  In our Settings >> Site Profile, the e-mail address, etc., belong to the person who "owns" the site and not the person we wish to receive the "contact us" messages.  The public contact person will change every year.  Can I change the name/e-mail in the Site Profile without changing who GoDaddy/GoCentral should contact about webpage business?  Does this make any sense?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @JGR. I think I understand what you're asking. Yes, you can change the primary email address for the site in site settings without changing the email address for the GoDaddy account it's in. Renewal information will always go to the email address on file for the GoDaddy account, but the address in GoCentral does not have to be the same. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    New

So far, the Contact Us page is still not sending any mail or at least I am not receiving it.  Following the info. in this discussion, I went to Settings --> Site Profile and changed the email address to mine; I also changed the email address under the Contact Us form to mine; neither of these changes got mail to me.  Today I talked with Ryan and he said that all looked right but when he tried to send me something it didn't get to me.  He suggested I talk to UTK (where my email is based) and see if they were holding it for some reason.  I forgot to find out what email address the message would come from when sending from the Contact Us form so I called back and talked to Joanna.  She had me change the email address under Dashboard --> Email Marketing --> Settings to mine and still no email being received.  I've waited for about an hour and I think if something is coming, it should be here by now.  

Our web page: https://friendshipforceknoxville.org/

When something is sent from the Contact Us page, what will the sending email address be?

Thank you, Janis