• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Getting Started

Contact us section and Spam

We are getting huge amount of auto spam via our contact form and of late its huge amount. A simple capta etc would solve this problem can it not be added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Thanks for the reply @Artery. It looks like you're on an older version of our Online Store that we no longer sell. This would mean there is not a CAPTCHA on the form, unfortunately. I will pass this issue on to our product team to see if there is a reasonable way forward for you. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
    Super User III

What platform are you using to build the website?

Getting Started

Hi @Nate

We just use the premium online store with go daddy 

Community Manager

Hi @Artery. Thanks for posting. I wanted to let you know that if you have a Websites + Marketing store, there is an invisible reCAPTCHA system already in place. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

We do and GO Daddy need to look at whats going on were getting spam every day not just the odd one and loads basicly saying sign up to us as we go via contact forms. Its getting so many and tried speaking on phone before to Go Daddy to be told nothing can be done were starting to look at other compaines to move our site to. We have the preimum store so were a paying customer thats now bored of it and tbh its such a simple thing for Go Daddy to sort i am starting to think they are the wrong company to be with 😞 

Community Manager

I can understand your frustration @Artery. Can you provide the domain for your site and maybe an example of the type of email you're getting? I'll see if we can take a closer look. 

Hi Jesse thank you for trying to help arterygifts .com.  

Invest $ 15,000 in affiliate marketing and get $ 45,000 in a month 
    Hey. 
    Yes, you heard right. 
    You don't have to do anything. 
    We will do all the work for you. 
    You only need to invest and wait one month to receive payments. 
    https://blockchain.com/btc/payment_request?address=18gaWYjABVFJ9PhG1hCqjh5FjWBrkQVuwD&amount=1.14&message=invest_in_affiliate_marketing_at_300%_per_month 
    We have been engaged in affiliate marketing for many years and decided to attract investments to work in the development of three more areas of our activity. 

You can only invest one amount because this is the best option for earning super profits in affiliate marketing. 
    We give a 100% guarantee that you will receive your profit on time. 
    https://blockchain.com/btc/payment_request?address=18gaWYjABVFJ9PhG1hCqjh5FjWBrkQVuwD&amount=1.14&message=invest_in_affiliate_marketing_at_300%_per_month 
    After you make an investment by clicking on the link, exactly in a month your profit in the amount of 300% will be returned to your wallet from which you made the transfer to our system. 

The payment is made in one time. 
    If you want to receive such a profit every month, then you need to invest every month. 
    There are almost two months left before the New Year, during which time you will have time to invest twice and get $ 75,000 in net profit.

We have found the fastest way to be rich. Find it out here. Link -  http://www.google. com/url?q=%68%74%74%7 0%73%3A%2F%2F%68%64%72%65%64 %74%75%62%65%33%2e%6d%6f%62%69%2F%62%74%73%6d%61%72%74%23%52%4e%54%7a%68%73% 63%59%7a%65%6e%6b%6f%74%4d%6a%74&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCN 63%59%7a%65%6e%6b %6f%74%4d%6a%74&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCN Hv45lbusjXuU3aqzNOhhZ23_SItw

No worries if you are fired. Work online. 
    Link - http://www.google.com/url?q=%68%74%74%70%3A%2F%2F%74%65%73%74%77%6f%72%6b%73%2e%77%65%62%73%69%74%65%23%44%65%74%79%6b%75%79%70%78%6e%79%54%4d%6a%4e%47&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNG5rhV-umG6B4jM1_uIjy91sgvhrA

We also been getting anything from click here for sex to a blacmail email saying they have infected our website and unless we send money via bitcoin they will steal our database, we getting them all the time and every day. We get most of them in early hours so each day we come into an inbox full of spam. My problem is I do have real customers that contact me so I cant kill the contact us form. This started as oh well but its got to the stage now that every time I tried to raise this with GODADDY I am told there is nothing that can be done which is beyond frustrating hearing that from a tech company. We been with GODADDY for least 5 years but today I am now starting talking to the other sites from  WIX onwards as some of the spam is getting nasty and not nice for staff to see each day so its become a problem that will make me move my website soon which I wasnt looking to do so any help would really help us thank you 

Community Manager

Thanks for the reply @Artery. It looks like you're on an older version of our Online Store that we no longer sell. This would mean there is not a CAPTCHA on the form, unfortunately. I will pass this issue on to our product team to see if there is a reasonable way forward for you. 

View solution in original post

Thank you Jesse, we never knew there were any other newer versions of the online store we just renew each year. At least this makes more sence whats going on and thank you for your time working this out and hopefuly we can get a solution now