• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Create sorting folders in Photo Gallery (Business Website Builder)

I have 100 photos in my "choose Image" photo file, how can I sort them into categories so I don't have to scroll through all of them to find the one I need? I have Business Website Builder. I see there are apps for this in WordPress, but I cannot find anything in Business Website Builder. I cannot even move them around to cluster them. Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
    Helper V
    Helper V

Re: Create sorting folders in Photo Gallery (Business Website Builder)

@LeslieKI2,

I don't think GoCentral provides an option to sort images, but you can add sections...

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-a-section-20119

You can add up to 20 sections on a page, and so you can try that...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

I don't have any problem adding sections to my webpages - the problem is, I would like to streamline looking for photos where they are stored: like sort into buildings, people, landscapes etc. If I want to add a photo, I have to scroll through hundreds to locate it. It is easier to browse and download a duplicate from my computer than to try to find it in the hundreds of pictures already uploaded (which, of course, adds even more pictures to my library). In going through my notes I guess I am looking for something like a "Media Library categorization/taxonomies plugin ".

Helper V
    Helper V

@LeslieKI2,

Managed WordPress provides excellent customization options!, Maybe you must try that...

There are many WordPress Gallery Plugins!, and so you can concentrate just on the content...

https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/wordpress-hosting

I think you should try WordPress and customize according to your requirements...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
    ----->NEXIA

Switching platforms, and redoing my website is not an option.

Helper II

Do you have access to the code? You can put a class on each image tag, then group search/click by class.

If you're using a webuilder maybe try another plugin for that slot, that is equipped with sorting options.

Highlighted

Thanks - I was a little shocked by his/her suggestion. I am a novice - I can figure out practically anything, but it takes a lot of time and I don't want to screw things up. Is there a plug in that you recommend that might work for me? Surely I am not the only one who could use a simple way to sort photos and documents in my download(ed) folder. I've tried loads of search terms looking for a solution.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@LeslieKI

I understand your frustration.... Since you noted moving your site to another platform such as WordPress is not an option, you'll just have to work within the limitations of GoCentral.  Web builders by their very nature are basic and tend to not have the extended features. 

Web builders are an inexpensive way for those just starting out to get their feet wet and learn.  For simple sites and stores web builders are the cat's meow.  However, it is not uncommon for folks to outgrow web builders and move on to more feature rich platforms as their business grows and their needs evolve. 

There is no way to add a plugin to GoCentral to do what you describe -- it is what it is.  Maybe In the future image gallery management could be added. GoDaddy is constantly adding new features to their platform.  You can bookmark the What's New in GoCentral page to keep tabs on that.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Helper II

Hi Judith,
    I apologize for my frustrations but they're evident and apparent. Are you seriously telling this user there are NO plugins/modules/whateveryoucallthem that support SORT options for gallery? Godaddy must have SOME TYPE of gallery options I assume....

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_portfolio_filter.asp

its not that difficult to code a gallery with sort capabilities...

OK - I looked at your link - Oh so many numbers, letters and characters. Without an understanding of what all that is, I cannot think about adding all this code (I am so self-taught). But thanks. I thought there must be a plug in or module too - I can't imagine that other people haven't asked this question before. I wonder if I can use a plug in/app designed for WordPress if that would work. So afraid of crashing my site because I made a stupid mistake.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@webdev_man

I am basing my comments on my test site on GoCentral and I'm just trying to help...  

Web builders are basic applications that allow you only so much customization.  In this case, with the GoCentral web builder, there are no gallery organization features that I can find, implement or that I am aware of. 

There are widgets to add your own HTML code -- you can give that a whirl, but based on your example you would need to know the path to the GoCentral image gallery.  And, in looking at the code to produce the gallery, I don't see what that is either.  You would need to get that advice from GoDaddy.  

Maybe someone will pipe in from GoDaddy to advise if gallery organization is under consideration for future releases... Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Helper II

I am amazed GD does not have a gallery plugin with sort for this... and I would think that wordpress should definitely have one.

The funny thing is your plugins are probably not that far off from that code in reality... but knowing where to put it can be a bit tricky for novice programmer.

Outside of giving you the name of a plugin that works, looks like you'll have to search for one that does more or less what my link suggests. That said, don't be afraid to try coding things! For me its easier to work with the code directly as that lessens your restrictions that you are currently running into.

Hopefully you can find a WP plugin for this. Good luck

New

I am very new to godaddy.com and I too would like to see a sort option added to the image library.  It would also be good to have a way to create folders under the image library.  This is very time consuming.  If an image is deleted from the image library, does it also delete it from the Gallery images?  If we could add 'tags' and sort by 'tags' that would be acceptable in my opinion but I do not see any sort option in the image library.

Thank you.