• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Custom Website Build Purchased

I have tried to resolve a complaint concerning a custom website build I purchased on 11/12/2019. Due to no fault of my own I was not granted a complete revision of my site which is currently in need of a full rebuild. The site was handed of to a new manager and only a couple of pages were revised in which the information is incorrect, and I was told my account would be handed of to customer care (for a complete rebuild in which hold times exceed 40 min wait each call). This is not what I was told when I paid $4000 for the account. I have not been able to get my site on line in the state and quality it is in and am reaching out to find other recourses than to go to small claims court. Any help will be highly appreciated!
    10 REPLIES 10
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

Re: Custom Website Build Purchased

I have read your post several times @FanceyFace, are you saying that you used the GoDaddy Web Design Service? I can't figure if your design is done by GoDaddy, you (using Website Builder) or by a third party company that you contacted with?

The size of your website and some other factors determine the development time. Without knowing the details of your development it is difficult to say if the timeframe is appropriate. If your intention is to go to small claims court I would look at the development contract and read the recourse, jurisdiction and other clauses before I started the filing process. Often when going to small claims court there is a process where a court clerk can walk you through filling out the correct paperwork. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

Yes, I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. I did use the GoDaddy Web Design Service. It was supposed to be a site with blog, store, podcast, and portfolio.

V/r, Mrs. Cynthia Jean Brown
    Highlighted

Thank you for your response. It is hard to explain my situation. The design team quit on me due to they were backed up and left me with an unfinished product to complete on my own. I have looked at everything I could find on the GoDaddy website and talk to representatives. It appears that they stand by the product they left me with with no resolve as a long time customer. I honesty just want a wanted what we agreed to and that’s all. I will let a judge decide. Again thank you for your time.
    Highlighted
    Super User I

I'm still confused about who is developing your project?
    ...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Highlighted

I paid GoDaddy to custom build design a website for me.

Highlighted
    Super User I

I have not had any experience where the GoDaddy Website Design team/service behaves in that way @FanceyFace. Additionally (though it will probably mena nothing) I am sorry that you had/are having a negative experience. I almost wonder if you missed a bunch of decision gates from your project? I cannot imagine your project would have been abandoned for no reason?

Highlighted

My experience is well documented and verifiable as GoDaddy and myself have all recorded calls and emails. I can assure you I missed nothing. There was a rollover in employees, and the decision I was due to “ they were backed up until the end of February” and my site needed a total redo. Again thank you for your time. I will move on and utilize more resources to resolve the matter. Having been a customer since 2011, I couldn’t believe my experience either. It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, nor does it mean I should just accept it either. I’ve read the agreement for services and several things important weren't rendered.
    Highlighted
    Super User I

Again, sorry to hear that you are having a less than ideal experience. Come back and let us know the result once this is all sorted @FanceyFace.

Highlighted

Thank you. I will!

Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Hi @FanceyFace,

We're sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with the GoDaddy Web-Design Team. Please keep in mind this is a community forum rather than an official GoDaddy support team forum. Users here don't have access to internal GoDaddy systems and generally aren't able to assist with account-specific or billing issues.

Your best option for resolution will be to call GoDaddy customer support and ask to speak with (or arrange for a call-back from) the Design team. If you're unable to get a response, you're welcome to request a supervisor on the call at any time to escalate your issue. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support