• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Date picker format

I have customer enquiry form on my site.  Within it there is the option to select a date for the work using the built in date and time function (date picker).  When I am editing my site the date picker works in UK format dd/mm/yyyy.  When I publish the date picker defaults to US mm/dd/yyyy format.  Does anybody else get this annoying problem that confuses my UK customers and is there any way to get the published site to detect the country or language setting and display the date in the matching format.  There is clearly the functionality in the tool as it auto detects I am in the UK when editing my site but then promptly ignores it in the published version.

Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Date picker format

Hi @Fulwood2000. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! If this is something you're using within WordPress, then it would probably be a function of a plugin or the theme you're using. If you can provide more information about your WordPress installation, that may help others reply with suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am a GoDaddy user.  I built my customer contact form using the inbuilt tools drag and dropped on to my form.  When I am modifying my site the date picking tool displays in UK format.  Once I publish my changes the date picker uses US format.  I don’t know what else I can tell you.  I have spoken to the GD help desk and they don’t have any suggestions, in fact the editing tool appears US format to them because they are in the states I guess.  This suggests the software can detect Country but only while in edit mode.  That can’t be right can it?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@Fulwood2000  - It's important to know for sure how the site is being managed/built. This is crucial information when it comes to the community trying to answer your questions. If this is a WordPress site (as indicated by the board you posted in), then providing your theme and plugins would help others understand what you're working with. Providing the URL of the form would also help.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Here is the url for the enquiry form.

https://www.fulwoodtravel.co.uk/contact-us.html

I am not an expert in the technology so I chose Wordpress as it seemed the most appropriate of the available choices when posting my question.  I do not understand what you are asking for when you want themes and plug-ins I’m afraid.  Hopefully the url will help.

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@Fulwood2000 

First thing to check...  Did you set your timezone in WordPress? 

Go to Settings > General.  Choose your timezone there and save then see if you still have an issue.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi

I only use the GoDaddy website builder.  I’ve looked many times for a setting somewhere that will make the date picker tool recognise the country thus format without success.  I have not used (do not knowingly use) WordPress