• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Difficulty adding a section to a new page

Building my site with GoCentral.  Created a new page...  Gratitudes.  Message says Page Empty and gives me a button to Add Section.  I click on that and a side screen pops up with a list of possible formats for the section.  I choose one and click ADD.  Nothing happens.  Nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong.  I called GoDaddy and they said they do not walk people through problems.  Couldn't believe my ears after all of the promises of great support.  Help!

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Difficulty adding a section to a new page

Hey there @UncleHarley 

Yeah, they should have helped you with this one or at least sent you the help guide

Also, try logging in and editing your site on an incognito or private window that doesn't cache. When I do editing, I always you a cacheless browser.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi there @UncleHarley

Thanks for posting and being a part of the GoDaddy Community. 

We are very sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our support team. Quality of support is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Did I not ask my question in the proper forum?  I called GoDaddy back and got a customer service rep that was better.  She said that using an older / not as updated browser like Explorer could be the problem.  I went to my Chrome browser and had no problems.  Sure wish the first rep had known or shared this with me.  It would have saved me a lot of angst.

Solution

Called GD back and was told to use Chrome vs. Explorer.  Worked.  Thanks.