• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Directing custom forms to e-mail

Using Website builder and an HTML section, I inserted the code for a job application form from the client's old site. The form appears and fills correctly. The question is how do I direct a filled-in form to an e-mail of choice? Using the old "<form action="mailto:...." of course now opens a message in the sender's e-mail client, which is not acceptable even though it works. Is there code that will allow this to work the same as the built-in contact form when clicking "Submit"? The client however prefers the form to go to a specific e-mail address other than the address associated with this account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @BruceB. Thanks for posting. Not sure if it helps, but if you create a form using what's available in Websites + Marketing, you can set a different email address for the form than what is set as the standard address for the site. I don't know if the fields that are available are suitable for your needs, but I wanted to make sure you knew you can change the email address. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User IV

@BruceB 

My suggestion is to do a google form as the Website + Marketing system does not allow for customization in that fashion

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager

Hi @BruceB. Thanks for posting. Not sure if it helps, but if you create a form using what's available in Websites + Marketing, you can set a different email address for the form than what is set as the standard address for the site. I don't know if the fields that are available are suitable for your needs, but I wanted to make sure you knew you can change the email address. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post