• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Disable a page rather than delete it

It would be great if in your web site builders you could disable or hide a page without deleting it completely. I built a page, the need changed temporarily, and I had to delete the page, Now I'll have to rebuild the page when the need returns. Also you could build a page, which for some of us takes quite a bit of time, and then launch it easily when the need arises. You could add a button to the menu builder and just remove the URL to the page from the menu as a quick fix, uncheck and it's live again. But making it unavailable to folks that might have saved the link would be even better. 

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User III

In the Page Settings you can hide the page from the Navigation menu.  As you noted those with bookmarks or external links would still be able to access, but you could also make it a Private page which requires a password.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-a-page-name-and-settings-on-my-website-24075

View solution in original post

Hi @MauiLon,

Similar actions can be taken on the older website builders in order to "hide" a page from view. You can review the legacy instructions here. Searching for "Navigation" will take you to the page details you need. 

Website Builder 7

Website Builder 6

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User III

In the Page Settings you can hide the page from the Navigation menu.  As you noted those with bookmarks or external links would still be able to access, but you could also make it a Private page which requires a password.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-a-page-name-and-settings-on-my-website-24075

Hi,

Thanks for the rapid response.

I have 3 websites up: t-mgr.com, hisss.org and mauiseniorsoftball.com. I'm
    using the older version of the Website Builder for the last one listed and
    that's the one I had to delete a page to disable it's viewing. As you might
    expect, I didn't backup the content and the next day those in charge said
    the old version of my Practice Schedule page I just deleted is needed again.
    Oh well .

Is there a way to disable a page on the older Website Builder?

Thanks,

Lonnie Hardesty

lonnie.hardesty@gmail.com

Hi @MauiLon,

Similar actions can be taken on the older website builders in order to "hide" a page from view. You can review the legacy instructions here. Searching for "Navigation" will take you to the page details you need. 

Website Builder 7

Website Builder 6

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support