cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Displaying Cookie Policy Popup using HTML Code in W+M

Hi GoDaddy support team,

This is quite urgent - For my query I've tried quite a long time searching online available information on this site, but was no luck, I couldn't find the right answer. I hope you will advise me as soon as possible.

I want to display 'cookie policy' popup provided by a third party on my GoDaddy website. The third party has provided me required HTML code for the 'cookie policy' consent.

I've tried and failed using the 'Add section -> 'Embed custom HTML on this page' on the Home page! The embed section appeared on the Home page but it appears as a black empty rectangular section as shown in the below screenshot; but the actual cookie consent popup didn't appear!!

Empty HTML embed section.JPG

Please tell me how I can do the following two steps on GoDaddy website builder??

""As a First step I want to do: Copy the HTML script and insert it as the very first script within the HEAD-tag of your website to enable the consent banner.""

""As a second step I would like to do: Copy this script and insert it in the HTML on the specific page and at the exact position where you would like the Cookie Declaration to appear.""

I sincerely looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: Displaying Cookie Policy Popup using HTML Code in W+M

The current generation website builder is not compatible with 3rd party cookie notification popups.  Though there is one built into the platform you can use.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-cookie-and-tracking-alert-to-my-website-27806

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Solution

The current generation website builder is not compatible with 3rd party cookie notification popups.  Though there is one built into the platform you can use.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-cookie-and-tracking-alert-to-my-website-27806

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Nate,

Thank you for your prompt reply. But, unfortunately it is not helpful.

Not sure if you have noticed, there are other people in the forum who have mentioned that "just a popup with 'ok' button not sufficient" for the a cookie consent. The cookie consent should show 'more details' about what cookies are being tracked and how long they will remain active in a user's PC/any devise that is used to surf the Website? There should also be an option to 'Decline' (or) 'Deselect' certain cookies form the Cookie policy...

It's very disappointing to hear that cookie popups with more detailed information are not supported by GoDaddy.

Any any chance do you know if they are supported in 'WordPress' by using GoDaddy?

Highlighted
    Super User II

Yes, there are many options to extend WordPress with plugins.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/cookie+policy/

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.
    I've already spent a lot of time and effort to create and develop my website on GoDaddy.
    Is there a way I can migrate my web site from GoDaddy to WordPress easily?
    Or Do I need to start from scratch building the site on the WordPress?

Highlighted
    Super User II

There is not a direct method to export to WordPress, so you would need to set-up that platform how you want and add your content.