• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Domain Verification - HTML Method on Website Builder

Hi,

I have a unique situation where my domain is registered with a different regirstrar and the A Record and CNAME record method of validation is not feasible which leaves me with the HTML method of verification.

The Zoho process is below

• Download the HTML file  verifyforzoho.html.
    • Under the root of your webhost, create a folder zohoverify.
    • Upload the above file (verifyforzoho.html) in the zohoverify folder.
    • You can see a verification code in http://tigr.io/zohoverify/verifyforzoho.html if you have uploaded the file in the correct path.
    • Click the Verify button to complete the verification.

My questions are:

1. How do you accomplish this is a website on SiteBuilder where you do not have access to the root.

2. I am aware that there is an "Add HTML Code" feature in site builder. Can it be used to accomplish the html verification. If so, how?

Many Thanks !

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Domain Verification - HTML Method on Website Builder

Hi @ShamanPrince. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! This isn't something you'd be able to do with our Website Builder products. What you're referring to requires that you have access to the hosting environment, which isn't possible on this type of plan. I know you said DNS validation isn't feasible, but you may want to see if you can work out a way to do it, as it would be your only option. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.