• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Drop down menu categories

Are drop down menus for my online store pointless? I have a drop menu in my header bar on my store. I've added categories inside the drop menu but regardless of which one you click on it defaults to the view all products page. Once inside the view all products page it will allow you to click between the available categories. This seems like an extra unnecessary click for customers to make to get to the category they want to be in. 

Is there a way to set the drop menu to direct customers the category they choose without having to pick it twice? I use the Slate theme if that helps any. I cant for the life of me figure out the point of having a drop menu if this isn't possible. Thanks everyone.

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted

Re: Drop down menu categories

Hey @Reckless12

We've had discussions on this topic before. Have you checked out some of these previous discussions; including this one, which might help with how you're setting up your products for those drop-down categories?

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi to all, have you managed to find a way on how to do this. I read almost all topics with online store and drop down menus, the best I could do so far is make it work for each product category but always the link opens up in a new tab.

Just to clarify trying to setup the dropdown menus in the navigation bar, where is item in the drop down menu will correspond to a product category in my shop.

Thanks for the help.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @GeorgeAga. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There isn't currently a great way to add categories to a drop-down menu in your navigation. As you've discovered, even if you have a URL to the specific page, creating a link in the navigation opens a new tab (since it thinks you're linking to an external site). My suggestion would be just to have a page for "categories. You can then use the Featured Categories section to add and organize your categories on one page. Then, when a visitor clicks on the category, it will take them to the store page for the category in question. It's a little different than what you're trying to do but it may provide a better experience for now.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Solution

Thank you so much for the help, we changed our package to Wordpress!!!!