• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Edit HTML lang attribute

Hello, I am a French speaker developing a Dutch website. How can I edit the first line in my website <html lang="fr-FR"> ?
    Is there a way to edit things manually? I could not find my website's files in cPanel -> File Manager.
    Thanks in advance

9 REPLIES 9
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Edit HTML lang attribute

GoCentral and Website Builder are self contained products that include their own hosting, they are separate from cPanel.

How was the website built?

Thanks for reply, it was built with Website Builder

Super User III

Which version?

If you log into the product, look at the address bar and fill in the blank _____.godaddy.com

and does the header bar say GoCentral, Website Builder, or Website Builder v 6.#.#?

Hmmm

In my Products, under Websites I have Website Builder Business Plus vNext (note I am new and it is a 1 month trial).
    If I click Manage it brings to https://dashboard.godaddy.com/account... (GoCentral is written in top green bar on website)

Then I click Edit Site and it brings to https://websites.godaddy.com/en-US/editor/...
    I know that probably I am looking in the wrong way but couldn't find any of these words in the address bar before the .godaddy

Super User III
    Solution

I see, it's GoCentral.  With my testing this is set at the account level when the site is Published.

You can change the account setting at any time after logging in on the GoDaddy.com homepage with the dropdown menu, at the top left next to the logo.  What ever this is set at when it's Published determines the lang for the site.  If you had multiple sites you would need to remember to switch this back and forth.

Hi Nate, you are 100% correct. But one problem with that is that the whole interface of GoDaddy changes the language too. I am in a special case where I need to make a Dutch website almost without speaking the language itself 😄

Super User III

It may be less than ideal to remember to do this each time, but this is a workaround. You could have the GoCentral designer and the GoDaddy homepage open in separate tabs.  Change the language, click Publish and wait a few seconds, then change it back.

One more question by curiosity. If I install WordPress in cPanel and use it to make a website, will there be a possibility to edit HTML files manually ? Especially the <head> element

Super User III

You would have more control and access to edit the files with WordPress in a cPanel account.  GoCentral is designed to be quick and easy for a beginner to put together a basic website.  Though WordPress is a PHP application, it can be more complicated than editing a standard HTML website.  It doesn't actually store completed pages on the server, rather the application builds them on demand based on content in the database and theme components.  It is versatile in that much can be done by beginners without knowledge in programming, while more advanced users can pretty much dig in as deep as they want.