• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Editing problems after upgrade to V.7 and "Facelift"

I had the "Facelift" team move my business website from V6 to V7.  Now I'm having difficulty editing my site.  The directions for changing text, using text boxes and all of that sound great and easy to do except that these options won't work on my new "facelifted" website!!  I cannot even highlight text I want to bold...something that simple is impossible on certain sections of the webpages.  I see the small red locks and I have unlocked what I can see, but not sure that's the problem.  In fact, I have no idea!  Help??!!

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Editing problems after upgrade to V.7 and "Facelift"

Hi @AppleAnn

Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community!

Having objects locked on your page is probably what's leading to this issue for you. You won't be able to edit an object if it is locked. If you click on an object and the outline around it is red, that will indicate that it's locked, even if the lock icon doesn't show up. Once you select the object, you should be able to right click it (or command click it for Mac) and then choose the "V" arrow to unlock the object. Another thing to look for are empty shapes placed over other objects and locked. You can see all the individual objects on the screen by placing your cursor in the corner of the screen (on the background and not on an object) then dragging your mouse over and down to select all the objects on the page. This should help you locate any you might have missed.

If you're still having trouble after taking the steps above, please reach out to our 24/7 support team so they can take a look at what's going on. 

Has anyone else encountered this issue? How did you move forward? 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.