• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Editing site is this 1990 or 2019?

I'm having the worst time building my website. I watched the go daddy central which shows 300 themes but I only have 21 to choose from, on the video there is an editing box but on my actual builder I can't even move a text box off the top of a photo, all I have in font options is bold, italics and underline "what year is this 1990?" even in alignment I can only go left, right or centre not even graduated. 

Any help would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Editing site is this 1990 or 2019?

It sounds like the video may have been on a previous website builder.  The current version was simplified and intended for absolute beginners.

It’s terrible if that’s the case

Get Outlook for iOS

Surely you can move a text box to the side of a photo?

Get Outlook for iOS
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

The current program is streamlined for people who just want to add their own content and let the software take care of the design based on a selected style.  Unfortunately there isn't a middle ground offering at GoDaddy.  The next step up is a CMS which can be installed in a regular web hosting account, like WordPress.  Though if you are fairly proficient with computers and willing to learn these can usually be picked up pretty quickly.