• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Helper II

Enabling mod_expires with Your Hosting Account

<p>Help > Web & Classic Hosting > Enabling mod_expires with Your Hosting Account says:</p>

<blockquote>Because we do not enable mod_expires at the global level, you need to enable it in your .htaccess file.</blockquote>

<p>How does one do that?</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Mark</p>

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology
    3 REPLIES 3
    Helper II

Hmmm. I typed that in HTML and yet it's showing the HTML code. Strange.

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Helper II

<blockquote>Help &gt; Web &amp; Classic Hosting &gt; Enabling mod_expires with Your Hosting Account says:&lt;<blockquote>Because we do not enable mod_expires at the global level, you need to enable it in your .htaccess file.</blockquote><p>How does one do that?</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Mark</p><blockquote><p>I learned by bouncing around the interwebs that the easiest way to do it is via FTP:</p><ul><li>Use an FTP client such as FileZilla</li><li>Copy-and-paste the code (I can't write such code, e.g., JavaScript, but I've had others give me the code in various scenarios), into a text editor such as Atom (my fav) - do <em>not</em> use Word, Wordpad, or Notepad.</li><li>Name the file: <code>.htacess</code> - that is it, no extension and with a period at the front.</li><li>Upload the file to your root directory.</li></ul><p>That's it, although keep in mind I am not a professional web developer or IT expert by any means. That is simply a simple laymen's explanation.</p></blockquote></blockquote>

<ul><li>Use an FTP client such as FileZilla</li>

<li>Copy-and-paste the code (I can't write such code, e.g., JavaScript, but I've had others give me the code in various scenarios), into a text editor such as Atom (my fav) - do <em>not</em> use Word, Wordpad, or Notepad.</li>

<li>Name the file:  <code>.htacess</code> - that is it, no extension and with a period at the front.</li>

<li>Upload the file to your root directory.</li></ul>

<p>That's it, although keep in mind I am not a professional web developer or IT expert by any means. That is simply a simple laymen's explanation.</p>

<br />

Mark D Worthen PsyD

I learned by bouncing around the interwebs that the easiest way to do it is via FTP:

• Use an FTP client such as FileZilla
    • Copy-and-paste the code (I can't write such code, e.g., JavaScript, but I've had others give me the code in various scenarios), into a text editor such as Atom (my fav) - do not use Word, Wordpad, or Notepad.
    • Name the file: .htacess - that is it, no extension and with a period at the front.
    • Upload the file to your root directory.

That's it, although keep in mind I am not a professional web developer or IT expert by any means. That is simply a simple laymen's explanation.

Mark D Worthen PsyD