cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper II

Expandable Button

Web Builder

Is it possible to add a button on the left side of the page such that when the button is clicked it expands.

Button

Click

Button

Subbutton

Subbutton

Subbutton

Click on Button again and it collapses.

3 REPLIES 3
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Expandable Button

Hey there!

Unfortunately that's not an available feature in the current Website builders that GoDaddy has available. The good news is that the GoCentral product is getting updated all the time and that could possibly be a feature they may be interested on adding or it may even be on the drawing bored. 

These website builders are extremely complicated to make, as I'm sure you can imagine. If that platform doesn't work for you, I would suggest a possible move to a platform like WordPress, which will give you many more options.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Helper II

@MrVapor Since you have an extensive background in Wordpress, maybe you can tell me if what I want to do is feasible in Wordpress. I'd like a separately scrollable left menu with vertically expandable/collapsible menu/submenu items, a member only page with individual userids/passwords (even if I have to input them, i.e. no database), a slideshow capability with pause/start buttons, an image folder that can be browsed (items uploaded, deleted, viewed, etc.), a page editor that allows one to delete all changes just made and start over (a all changes undo button), and a reasonable learning curve. As far as I know GoCentral cannot do these things.

I'd like to find a low cost site where I could learn and experiment -- GoDaddy does not offer such a feature. Does anyone make a standalone editor that can be used on a Mac to learn WordPress?

Thank you for your time.

Mike

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Hey Mike!

What you'd like to do is absolutely feasible in WordPress. You can either hire a developer to build a custom theme for your installation or you can find/purchase a theme that will suit your needs. I hesitate to make specific recommendations here but the information is freely available on the web and even in some of the links in my signature. 

The learning curve on WordPress may be a sticking point for you. On average, it takes approximately two months or so to feel proficient at navigating the WP interface and editing things. That, of course, is dependent on your ability to retain information. Some are faster, some are slower. 

For low-cost hosting, you'd probably be okay on the Economy Shared Linux hosting if you have no traffic. I typically use that platform just to build. I then advise clients to upgrade if they have a good plan to draw traffic. If you're getting a sizable amount of traffic, I suggest everyone pony up for Business hosting or above. It's such a good platform.

There are also ways to host a WordPress site locally, on your Mac/PC/Linux machine where you can just develop the site before you purchase hosting for it. The easiest thing to do is just Google it. You'll find a ton of good and detailed tutorials.

Hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community