• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Expired SSL Error

I'm new to the site.  I joined for one reason only.  Fiction Pad.  There certificate validation has just expired.  Please accept my apologies.  I'm not in IT or write code or anything.  

This is all about my knowledge base.  So any help would be great.

Thank you,

Kim

6 REPLIES 6
    Helper II

@kim67255,

Is that a GoDaddy product? 

Also, when I searched Google for "fiction pad", and clicked on the link for

FictionPad.com

, I received this WARNING from Google:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from fictionpad.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

This server could not prove that it is

fictionpad.com

; its security certificate expired 7 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Thursday, June 23, 2016. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Proceed to

fictionpad.com

(unsafe)

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology

Yes that is exactly the issue.  Yes it is a product of godaddy. That is how and why I found the site.  It's a problem with fiction pad or the fact godaddy needs to issue a new certificate.  I have no idea how this all works.  I was told by another user of the site that the problem should/hopefuly will be fixed in a week or so.

But godaddy issued the certificate.  So I thought they had something to do with fixing it.  As I said I have no idea how this all works.

I'm sure it will work itself out.

It sure does sound like GoDaddy needs to get on it! ;o)

Have you contacted them via chat or phone? That should lead to the fastest solution. (The chat link and phone number are on the upper right of this web page.)

All the best,

Mark

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology

Hey @kim67255,

To clarify, are you the site owner for fictionpad.com?

Based on the information provided and the results from SSLShopper.com, the certificate files installed on this site are expired as of 10 days ago. If you're the owner of the site and SSL certificate, you'll need to renew the certificate and request new certificate files to be issued and installed to the site. 

Check out Renewing Your SSL Certificate to help you get started with the renewal. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

No I'm not the owner.  Just a user of the site.  It has thousands of users.  The site is run by several people.  I don't have the names.  But it has several thousand members. I am just one of many.  I have sent reports on the issue.  It takes about a week for a response/fix to happen.

It doesn't help that this was found out over the weekend also.  I'm giving them time before I abandon the site.

Hey @kim67255,

If the site owners are already aware of the issue, I'm sure they're doing everything they can to address the matter. If they need direct help at all, you're welcome to suggest they reach out to our live support teams who are always happy to assist. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support