• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Fatal error in user.php

I'm getting this error while in the Dashboard. It appears it to happen a lot with sites hosted at Godaddy. Any help would be appreciated.

Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data02/83/3218083/html/wp-content/miwi/proxy/user/user.php on line 88

7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, 

Updating your PHP version to 5.5 should fix this issue. If you have cPanel hosting, here's how:  https://www.godaddy.com/help/view-or-change-your-php-version-16090

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thank you KayJay for the response! I just called GoDaddy and I am currently using Basic Managed WordPress hosting. The PHP version is 5.4 and not upgradable. The tech did not have an ETA on when it will be upgraded next. I know I can change over to cPanel hosting, but before I do that, do you have any other suggestions?

The link you provided in unreachable by mere mortals.

@charminglygeeky wrote:

Hi there, 

Updating your PHP version to 5.5 should fix this issue. If you have cPanel hosting, here's how: ttps://www.godaddy.com/help/view-or-change-your-php-version-16090 

I upgraded my hosting account to the Deluxe cPanel and will be moving the site today. Should I run PHP 5.5 as you suggested or can I install a new version? I see that the current stable PHP version is 7.0.9. Thanks!

Also, the link you posted is not working.

Hi @comrush and @alharlow

Sorry about that. I went ahead and fixed the link that I previously posted. You should be able to access it now. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I've been having the exact same issue on my website all week. I'm on WordPress Managed Hosting, and have learned that the PHP version is untouchable except to GoDaddy so there's no changing it. I've done a lot of research on this fatal error and it all seems to stem back to using an older version of PHP.

"Fatal error: Cannot call overloaded function for non-object"

Unless I go through the hassle of moving my entire website yet again from one hosting plan to another within GoDaddy, I guess there's nothing that can be done about this but wait for the Managed WordPress version to catch up to the latest release of PHP.

VERY frustrating to have my website down for large chunks of the day with an embarrassing and frightening fatal error message displayed to my visitors.

Hi Kayjay,

In your link, it mentions navigate to software/service section under account page, but I cannot see anything related to this, can you point me to a right direction?