• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

Files Run on Home Computer but not on Hosting

I've been away from programming (html) for 15 years.  I created some web pages using coffee cup.  They run well on my computer and on my cel phone (a few PDF problems).  Have sound, pictures, fill-in the blank forms, and information pages.  I up loaded all my files but they are accessing each other and I can access my domain's web site.  15-20 years ago it was easy.  

Anyone know where I should start troubleshooting?

Regards,

Forrest

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Files Run on Home Computer but not on Hosting

Hi @fsmith6378. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! Looking forward to having someone with so much experience participating in discussions Man Happy

If I had to guess, I would check to make sure the website files were uploaded to the correct directory. That's the most common reason for websites not opening after being uploaded. CoffeCup may have created an extra directory when to pulled your site files together. If you provide more information about what kind of hosting you have and what your domain is, others may be able to give you more concise instructions on what needs to change. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.