• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Frustrations with Font Color/Body Style

I know this is a known issue with the GoDaddy Web Builder. However I'd like to express the reason why I need the ability to change font color and style (of the body).

Functionality:

Although I personally like the grey on white background default that comes with the builder, my client serves a majority of an older generation, many of whom speak English as a second language. I've learned that with any font lighter than black on white background, their demographic has a very difficult time reading text - whether that is computer, mobile or print. Many people our website reaches really need the higher contrast between text and background in order to read. An ability to choose body font (not just headers) would also be beneficial as I could choose a bolder font to assist in this dilemma as well (without manually bolding every paragraph which just looks ridiculous.) This is really an urgent matter in these COVID-19 times as our client's community can no longer interact physically and now must heavily rely on our media communications in order to reach out for help and stay connected. It's important to us that we can relay information and updates to this community as efficiently as possible, and when over half of their local community has a hard time reading light font on a computer screen it can become frustrating in an already chaotic time. 

Design:
    It would be beneficial to change the body font style as we incorporate the Arabic language into our page (through saved images). It would be nice to have the ability to choose an English font that works well with Arabic writing. 

The idea of the drag and drop web builder is amazing, as you know, for allowing not-so-tech-savvy people like my client to easily maintain and update their website. However, there are just a couple attributes we wish you had included - font color and font body style being the main one. If we had the ability to create text boxes, or at least edit the ones you already have with the tools available in this comment box for this form, we (and probably many others) would be happy!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Product Team

Hi @Kamber thank you for taking time to write this - it is very helpful to understand the context.  Our system automatically is adjusting the color contrast between font and section background.  To get black text, you can change the section background color to white, and we almost always will change text to be black.

You can choose body font already actually - specifically, fields like "description."  Go into "Theme" then Fonts - and click on "Advanced Settings." There you can change both primary and secondary fonts.  Primary fonts are typically headings.

We have a lot of fonts and hopefully something there will work for Arabic.  Thank you for the feedback.  Christine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hey Kamber,

I am in total agreement and having worked for an eye research establishment in the past, I know that some colour or tonal combinations can't be seen by many people. I would like to support your request for additional font colours.

Dave S

Imagistic Photography
    The best pictures always present themselves the minute you put your camera away.
    Product Team

Hi @Kamber thank you for taking time to write this - it is very helpful to understand the context.  Our system automatically is adjusting the color contrast between font and section background.  To get black text, you can change the section background color to white, and we almost always will change text to be black.

You can choose body font already actually - specifically, fields like "description."  Go into "Theme" then Fonts - and click on "Advanced Settings." There you can change both primary and secondary fonts.  Primary fonts are typically headings.

We have a lot of fonts and hopefully something there will work for Arabic.  Thank you for the feedback.  Christine

View solution in original post