• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    New

GDPR Cookies opt-out tick box in website builder

Hello, I'm building my website but I can't find the opt-out tick box option for Cookies on the website. I've found a Cookies and Tracking option in Site settings but there is only an option to 'Accept and close' pop up window. According to the new GDPR policy, every website needs to have a clear Accept or Do not accept option on the website.

Not having this in the website builder (website) basically means that I can't publish my website legally in UK.

Could you please help with this topic? 

Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to pay for the service that I can't legally use in Uk. 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: GDPR Cookies opt-out tick box in website builder

Hi there @jakubs,

Have you checked out our Help article on Adding a Cookie and Tracking Alert to your website? The article addresses the new European Union's General Data Protection Regulation. Let us know if you have any additional questions. All the best!

Rachel

Re: GDPR Cookies opt-out tick box in website builder

As far as I understand it, the provision by GoDaddy does not go far enough. Users of a website need to be able to opt-out of cookie use and they can't do this with the current provision.

Please can you advise how to create an opt-out option for website visitors?

• Implied consent is no longer sufficient. Consent must be given through a clear affirmative action, such as clicking an opt-in box or choosing settings or preferences on a settings menu. Simply visiting a site doesn’t count as consent.
    • ‘By using this site, you accept cookies’ messages are also not sufficientfor the same reasons. If there is no genuine and free choice, then there is no valid consent. You must make it possible to both accept or reject cookies. This means:
    • It must be as easy to withdraw consent as it is to give it. If organisations want to tell people to block cookies if they don’t give their consent, they must make them accept cookies first.
    • Sites will need to provide an opt-out option. Even after getting valid consent, sites must give people the option to change their mind. If you ask for consent through opt-in boxes in a settings menu, users must always be able to return to that menu to adjust their preferences.