• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Getting SPAM through contact page in online store

As many of you must be aware, the contact page for the online store is a rich target for spam.
    I get 50+ everyday. I am about to cancel my store and find another way to host my website/store.
    I like most of what this platform offers me and my business, but I have had enough of the junk coming thru the contact page. It has cost me customers because they get lost in the barrage of junk.
    Why GoDaddy has not offered us a solution is beyond me, but I have to do something.
    Any Suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: SPAM

@chuckd

Yeah, I get your frustration --  there should be some sort of CAPTCHA/bot prevention on all forms.   Clearly there is nothing going on in the background based on what you describe.

I noticed that on my test store and was surprised there was nothing in place. You would think that would be standard out of the gate.  Maybe someone from GoDaddy can pipe in and let us know if that is something they have in the works for the future?  

In the meantime, checkout WordPress.  Several cart plugins for you to choose from -- I'm a WooCommerce gal.  Easy enough to setup and you'll have all kinds of spam prevention tools at your disposal.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New

@MuseThanks for the reply
    I have called and talked to GoDaddy several times. It seems they offer this as "Basic" and the good stuff comes with an upgrade to WP. Frustrating for sure.
    Whats Woocommerce?

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@chuckd

All hosts have some level of spam prevention baked-in but in my experience it is never enough.

With WordPress you have a choice of plugins (security and spam) that can reduce spam quite a bit.  Nothing is infallible though.  Smiley Wink

WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plugin that you can then enhance its features and functionality with a free and premium plugins and extensions depending on what you sell.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Helper II

Do you have code access?

this form resource is an extremely useful one to me and might help your cause

good luck,

Product Team
    Product Team
    Solution

Re: Getting SPAM through contact page in online store

Here’s a quick update to let you know that Google Recaptcha protection is now automatically included in GoCentral contact forms. To get the update, simply re-publish your site.

We opted to use "ReCaptcha invisible,” which means your site visitors won’t need to take any action to prove they’re humans — an algorithm does the work behind the scenes. You can read more about this technology here: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible.

The only viewable difference on your website will be a small line of text below the “submit” button on your contact form. This text links to the Recaptcha TOS/Privacy pages.