• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper II

Getting a List of MyPhotos

I can click on the Images Icon which brings up a dialog to upload an image. How do I see a list of all the images in my photos so I can see what has been deleted and delete no longer needed items?

9 REPLIES 9
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Getting a List of MyPhotos

Hi @LionsWeb16. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Based on other posts you've done, it looks like you're using Website Builder v7. In that case, the only way to see the images you've already uploaded is by adding a new image or clicking on an existing image and choosing the option to replace. That should then open a window that looks like the one below, which will have all your uploaded photos. Hovering over each image will give you the option to delete it. Hope that helps. 

WSBv7 - photos.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper II

Thank you for the response. I have no idea what is in each image or when it was uploaded or if it can be deleted or ... Same thing with the Archive. How do images get put in Archive? How do I manage the Archive directory? How do I delete images in the Archive?

Seeing a thumbnail of an image leaves me in an quandary.

Can someone in GoDaddy fix it so I can download a zip of all the images in both areas?

My apologies, I do not mean to take out my frustration for the lack of a very basic and yet fundamentally necessary tool on you. I understand you are the messenger and are taking your time to help me.

Mike

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@LionsWeb16 - Unfortunately, there isn't a way for you to download all images or manage directories within a Website Builder plan. The only way you'd be able to download images would be directly from the website after they've been published. There isn't a way to get them all in a zip file. Sorry Man Sad

When an image is deleted using the method I described above, the image goes into the archive and does not contribute to your disk space usage. There isn't a way for you to remove images from the archive directly, but our support team can help you get them removed if that is necessary. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper II

Unfortunately, the previous webmaster hardly ever deleted things from My Photos. Consequently, I don't know what is in that directory.

If I delete an image that is being used, will the system warn me so that I can cancel my delete?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@LionsWeb16 - The system won't give you a warning, but from what I've seen, deleting the image within the My Photos area doesn't remove it from the website. It just moves the image into the Archived Photos area. 

Helper II

This is what My Photos look like (the first screen of about 120 images). Web Builder does not seem to provide me any way to determine exactly what they are, when they were uploaded, which ones are being used, which can be deleted, and so on. Do you have a strategy that might help?

2018-11-28_12-50-19.jpg

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@LionsWeb16 - If you're simply trying to take inventory on what images are used, the only way to do that is to look at the images on the website and compare them to the images in "My Photos". Just because an image is in "My Photos" doesn't mean it's used on the website. If you want to use the image on another platform, you'd need to download them from the live site or get a copy of the originals from the site owner or previous designer. If you're trying to do something else, feel free to explain further and someone may be able to help. 

Helper II

The problem I have is that the thumbnails in the image editor are too small to allow me to be able to differentiate from several images that almost look the same. I would like to be able to get descriptive information (name, size, date uploaded) so I can do search on the 4GB thumb drive I was given to see what image was actually uploaded. There is probably a couple of thousand or more images on the thumbdrive. Just an easy thing to do, provide me a link from Web Builder to the My Photos directory.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

@LionsWeb16 -  I understand what you mean. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to get what you're asking for. There is no FTP access to Website Builder accounts, so file names or a directory to download them are not available.