Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Getting rid of "Powered by go daddy" footer in website builder

cant seem to get rid of it , please help as I do not want on my site

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Getting rid of "Powered by go daddy" footer in website builder

Greetings @jtm, I took a quick look in our searchable https://help.godaddy.com articles and found this:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/removing-the-powered-by-website-builder-banner-6218

I hope it helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

New

I don't have version 6 and that solution isnt available but thanks for your response. Need to remove from version 7, anyone know how?
    Solution

Hey @jtm

If this was for a Version 7 Website Builder then you should just be able to select the content and delete it within the page designer. If you're having trouble selecting the content block, check to see if this was locked. Beyond that, you may want to contact our live support so they can help look into what is preventing the content from being selected and removed in the page designer. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Helper I

hello @jtm,

Can you please provide us with a link to your site, I will reply with some CSS that might solve the issue you are experiencing.

Warm Regards,
    Wade Hextell

wadehextell at gmail.com

https://au.linkedin.com/in/wadehextell

Could you please post that CSS here online so that we don't have to keep asking? I tried entering this css in the Site-wide Code CSS box but it deletes it when I click OK.

.footer-container. wsb-element-image div {
    display:none;
    }

The delete icon on the menu is grayed out so I can't delete it. I can't find a way to unlock it. It is not nice to make it so hard to get rid of. We are paying for a premium website and should not have to put up with advertising on it. The link to GoDaddy is not coded to "nofollow" so it is also giving our search engine rank away to GoDaddy.

Please delete it from all of your templates or give us credit for advertising for Godaddy.

Thanks, Ann

I was able to delete it by clicking the down button on its tool bar and choosing "Unlock Position" then Delete. I shouldn't be on a paid website in the first place. It makes websites look cheap.

Hi there - Actually, I deleted it from the footer since I wanted only my website showing. Now, I'm trying to put it back. 

To remove it, go to your right panel where it says header, etc and footer. click the 3 dots at the right, then highlight, delete click Done at the top then publish - hope this helps 

Hi, it me, lilvix08, again 

To remove the powered by godaddy in the footer - scroll down to the footer and click on the powered by - then on the panel lat the right, delete the powered by, click done at the top and publish. That should do it. Worked for me! Good luck and have a fabulous week! 

Hi, can you, please be more specific where this down button is. THANK YOU!!!!!