• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Go Central Blog Posts Are Not Publishing

I have just set up a website using GoCentral, and have added a blog using the Blog tool provided by the website builder.  Blog posts appear in the preview of the website, but do not appear when the live site is published.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17
    cstrasia
    Former Employee

Re: Go Central Blog Posts Are Not Publishing

Hello @imagilife - 

I'd love to get you up and running with the GoCentral Blog, can you share your website URL so i can take a look?

Thanks!

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral

Helper V

Did you get this working? Mine isn't publishing in my GD dummy website either.

Same here

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Hi @Hopeful & @vchristie0811,

I looked at your websites (lovely by the way!) and see blog posts on both of them.  It looks like everything is working as expected but if you're still having trouble let me know.

A couple general tips on publishing blog posts:

1. Your website must be published with the Blog section in order for posts to show up.

2. Once you've published the site with the Blog section, your posts should show up automatically when you click to Publish the post.

3. Sometimes it takes a couple minutes to show up.

4. Sometimes you have to refresh / hard refresh (shift + reload) your page to see the updates.

If you still don't see your blog posts on your live site please give the steps above a try and then let me know the specific post / url that isn't showing so I can dig deeper.

Thanks!

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral 

Helper V

Thanks, @cstrasia. I did all those things you recommended, still a no go. I checked again this morning and my post is not visible on the live site. It shows up in Preview mode, but not on the live site. I only have one post at this time.

I'm having the same problem, i have done everything you have said but it's still not showing my posts when my site is live it just says "posts coming soon" my trial runs out in 10 days and I want to purchase a yearly deal but I don't want to do it when I can't see my posts because I don't want to pay if it's not working there for I'm worried if it's not sorted within ten days I will lose all the hard work I have putbin with this site... Moviefest.co.uk please help
    Helper V

@cstrasia It may be helpful for the developers who are fixing this problem to know that if you Publish a blog post and then click on the pop-up that occurs right after to View Post, the post appears fine on the Web site (at least on the dummy GD site). However, it does not appear at all if you just go directly to the site.

Also, when it does appear on the site, if you go to the top and click on "ALL POSTS" then no posts appear, not even the one you were just viewing. You get the usual "Posts Coming Soon" message.

cstrasia
    Former Employee

Thanks @Hopeful - that's really helpful!

I have a couple more ideas... 

Since i was able to see your posts, but you aren't, I'm wondering if it's something different between how I'm viewing your site and how you are.  Specifically, which browser / version are you using?  We have a known issue with later version of Firefox with the "tracking protection" turned on.  (and we don't have a fix for it yet.)  If you are using Firefox I'd ask that you either try Chrome or try turning off Tracking Protection to see if that is indeed causing the problem.  

More info on Tracking Protection can be found here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tracking-protection

Thanks!

ChristieS

Sr. Product Manager 

GoCentral Blog

Helper V

Glad that helped. Yes, I suspect the compatibility with Firefox is the problem. I am using Firefox with tracking protection. I don't have Chrome on my PC, and don't plan to. But I did open Chrome on my mobile phone and the posts are there when I went directly to the site, so that's probably it. Thanks for the information. Glad to hear the developers are working on the Firefox issue!

cstrasia
    Former Employee
    Solution

Hello!

Great news - we've fixed the issue with various versions of Firefox / ad blockers that was was preventing the blog posts from showing on your live site.  Please republish your site for the changes to take affect.

Thanks!

ChristieS

Sr. PM, GoCentral Blog

Helper V

@cstrasia FANTASTIC! I republished and looked at my live site and the blog is now displaying properly. So are the "ALL POSTS". Thank you so much for getting this corrected. I'm sure many, many others thank you too. Please tell the developers we really appreciate it!

P.S. I'd Kudo you if I could, but my Kudo button won't work for me. (Firefox again?)

Helper V

@cstrasia @Lisi Well, the blog posts are only partially working again. I was able to save the post originally and it showed up on the live site. THEN, I decided to change the title. After doing so, the title only changed on the thumbnail versions on the blog. However, in ALL POSTS and inside the post itself, the changes were not saved. So currently the thumbnail has one title and the post itself says another. I refreshed, redid it several times, publishing each time. Not working.

Then I made a change on a second post. Same thing. Changes were not saved. Please look into this asap. Thanks.

Helper V

@cstrasia @Lisi  So, I just logged out of the internet and cleared my cache. It allowed the new title to take hold, but NOW there's a new problem. The seo link retained the old info. I went in and changed it to the new info by clicking on the featured photo and editing it below, and it still defaults to the old when published. So when I try to link to that blog post, I get a 404 Error, page not found. I can see the link on that page and it's still the old one. Ugh. Don't know how to get this corrected.

Helper V

@cstrasia @Lisi Ended up calling customer support. Turns out they are aware of the issue. (It was never designed into the program.) Once you publish your post, the SEO link cannot be edited. Currently, the only way to change it is to delete the post and start over. Supposedly, they will be adding this capability in the future.

Same problem here.  2 days now and nothing... Blog posts no longer showing.  Tried support twice.  Have run out of patience...

Hi! I've done everything that has been suggested here but nothing seems to work? 

I did my first blog post last night and it all worked perfectly until i realised I had made a grammatical error and needed to change it. It wouldn't let me republish the post then, saying that i had to schedule it. I scheduled it and still nothing uploaded when the time came around. I have tried again this morning multiple times. When I publish it says its uploaded and live on the site but when I go to my actual blog nothing is there, just the post coming soon tab. How do i fix this? Thus post is about a client that i have already sent the (working link from last night) to. 

Url is https://arrowproductions.com.au/blog 

Thank you!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @brookearcher. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! It looks like you've been able to resolve this issue. I do see a blog post titled "Newcastle 500 2018" when I visit your blog page. If so, please consider following up here with the steps you took to resolve the issue. Others may benefit from what you've experienced. If not, I'd suggest first clearing your browser's cache and cookies. The post is currently there. Hope this helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.