• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Go central SEO not showing up on google search

After completing seo optimizer several times, when I do a google search for my business the info displayed is not what I'm typing into seo opt. My description only shows my sitelinks not the description I've saved and published.

www.rsvlbailbonds.com

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Go central SEO not showing up on google search

Google listings are not a live look at the website, rather they keep their own database from crawling (or scanning) websites at regular intervals.  Any changes would take a little time before they are reflected on search results.  It is a good idea to set-up a free Google Webmaster Tools account to get and give suggestions for a better listing.

https://www.google.com/webmasters

i have the same problem, my meta tags are not what I wrote in the gocentral website builder

Super User III

Make sure to republish the site for any changes to go live.  Then Google will automatically update their database next time they crawl (or scan) your website.

New

No, nothing is working and I'm able to change paragraphs on my homepage and they show up i nmy page description in a google search instead of the meta tags that are supposed to. Now my sitemap isn't appearing any longer and my ranking is dropping like a rock. Need SEO help, willing to hire a pro.

Highlighted
    Super User III
    Solution

The various search engines decide how they want to display listings in their search results.  "On-site" SEO like meta tags are merely suggestions.  With Google the listings are generally dynamic in that they change depending on the specifics of the search.  Though they keep the algorithms secret to detour cheating, using best practices with some trial&error and a little luck you can improve your listings.  That's why I also recommend using a free Google Webmaster tools account to help.

https://www.google.com/webmasters